Zaccaria Pinball - Pinball Champ '82 (1982) Bugs & Feedback

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Version 1.1 (I think)

in 'Dark Environment' mode, the backglass looks like a fuse is blown.
It looks like I forgot to pay the utility bills. (What would my neighbors think of me)

Not a game breaker, but...

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Orange special doesn't seem to be working. Many times I'll complete the drop targets, and the voice says "once more for special". Then will say the same thing every time I complete the drop targets again. Nothing ever lights for the orange specials.

Also, the flippers rise quickly (as they should) and then continue to slowly rise after they stop their quick (and almost complete) rise.

night

May 18, 2012
Because I don't know how the original table should behave and therefore I don't know if it is a bug: when the ball is lost on the higher playfield and the moment that it enters the main playfield you see a flash but there is no sound. It looks like a sound is missing when this happens.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Orange special doesn't seem to be working. Many times I'll complete the drop targets, and the voice says "once more for special". Then will say the same thing every time I complete the drop targets again. Nothing ever lights for the orange specials.

Also, the flippers rise quickly (as they should) and then continue to slowly rise after they stop their quick (and almost complete) rise.
Orange Special can be collected by spot targets (around mushroom-shaped bumpers). Drop targets advance the time of high level board. There is a voice issue there, that's way it says "once again for the special". It will be fixed.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Because I don't know how the original table should behave and therefore I don't know if it is a bug: when the ball is lost on the higher playfield and the moment that it enters the main playfield you see a flash but there is no sound. It looks like a sound is missing when this happens.
We have checked and there is no sound effect when ball leaves high level board.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Version 1.1 (I think)

in 'Dark Environment' mode, the backglass looks like a fuse is blown.
It looks like I forgot to pay the utility bills. (What would my neighbors think of me)

Not a game breaker, but...
It's already fixed, thanks!

zv385.jpg

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Pinball Champ 82 is an 8 digit scoring game, not 7 digit. Its not a big deal, but if you want to stay true to the game, its 8 digits.
Pinball Champ 83 came out as an 8 digit game too the next year, but at the end of the run they made some 7 digit games.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
It's already fixed, thanks!

zv385.jpg

Sorry, this is just a minor detail, but your screenshot looks like it's not fixed :p

I made a little illustration to ... illustrate what I'm talking about:
ekxKUN7.jpg

Oh, and BTW, I hope this app earns a WWDC Design award and/or a slot in Apples TV commercials. You guys certainly deserve it.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Pinball Champ 82 is an 8 digit scoring game, not 7 digit. Its not a big deal, but if you want to stay true to the game, its 8 digits.
Pinball Champ 83 came out as an 8 digit game too the next year, but at the end of the run they made some 7 digit games.
Yes yes, it's right. This also will be fixed in the next update.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Sorry, this is just a minor detail, but your screenshot looks like it's not fixed :p

I made a little illustration to ... illustrate what I'm talking about:
ekxKUN7.jpg

Oh, and BTW, I hope this app earns a WWDC Design award and/or a slot in Apples TV commercials. You guys certainly deserve it.
Ohhh I see now what you were thinking of :)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
On the playfield art, it says the drop targets advance the special, and the spot targets by the bumper increase the multiplier. This is consistent with the reproduction score and instruction cards on ipdb.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1794

I think it got mixed up in the digital table.
Rulesheet on zaccaria-pinball.com says the following:
"Orange Special

A secondary Special, but a valuable one. Advance the Orange Special from its base value of 100,000 points to 300,000 points to Special by (doing what...?). Collect the Special by hitting the lit standup target."

Which one is true? :)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
The right blue 3 drop targets advance the ORANGE SPECIAL.
Each time they are all dropped, the ORANGE SPECIAL advances.

This does not happen when I play the game. I just checked, and dropping those targets does not advance the special on iPad 3.

Collect the Special by hitting the lit standup target.
This means to COLLECT the special after it has been advanced. This does not refer to advancing the special.
Advance the Orange Special from its base value of 100,000 points to 300,000 points to Special by (doing what...?)
The rulesheet itself says it does not know how to advance the special.

However, if you look at the reproduction rule card on IPDB, it says the following...

BLUE DROPPING TARGETS
Knocking down the blue targets increases the time allowed for play on the high level deck.
The blue targets also advance the orange special value which is collected if hit when
lit the blue targets also increase the score booster value.

WHITE FIXED TARGETS
When hit these targets advance time allowed for play on high level deck when all white
targets are extinguished the tunnel multiplier flashes, and the ball passing through
increases the score booster value.

Further, the playfield itself says this is the case. This picture shows text (inside the blue area) that says the blue drop targets SHOULD advance the special.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1794&picno=38414&zoom=1

And this one shows text (inside the blue area) that says the white fixed targets SHOULD advance the multiplier.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1794&picno=38413&zoom=1

HERE IS THE REAL EVIDENCE: I found this youtube link. At 3:20, he completes the right bank of blue drop targets, and the orange special advances.

http://youtu.be/dWm_QcAHpyk

So we have rule card, table itself, and a video all confirming that the blue drop targets should advance the orange special value, not the white standup targets around the bumpers.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Also, the spot number target lane (far right lane, which kicks the ball back onto the playfield) does not reward a 1 to 5 number as it should, only the lit points.

inspector42

May 27, 2012

Also, the spot number target lane (far right lane, which kicks the ball back onto the playfield) does not reward a 1 to 5 number as it should, only the lit points.

Fixed! Awesome!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts