HTC One V

Status
Not open for further replies.

night

May 18, 2012
I'm in for a new phone, and been a Mac user I would normally go an iPhone, but it is pretty expensive for my limited use. Soooo.. I am looking at a good alternative and found the HTC One V which seems good for my use: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_v-4575.php I have zero knowledge about processor speed, but will this phone run TPA without any issues? Thanks!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
TPA will just about run on a Desire spec 1ghz single core processor with a 1gb of ram and Gingerbread OS but its not a good experience.

Unless someone else vouches for a model, I'd try before you buy.

Just looked at the specs...
y3yhu2e7.jpg

I think it will play, but its very similar to the desire spec, and it's choppy on that model.
I'd consider a better spec!

If you're after a low cost droid - go for an older model. An SGS2 plays TPA superbly, and you can still get them new on most networks.
You might even get an SGS3 cheap enough, as the SGS4 just launched this weekend.

Last edited:
N

netizen

ardenos are nice gpus, fyi. Totally underrated

Most have anti-aliasing and will allow for the high/low texture selection in TPA options

night

May 18, 2012
I bought the HTC One V. In options I set texture to 'normal' instead of 'high' and that seems to work not bad at all. I didn't check-out all the tables, but FirePower runs smooth this way. AFM and FH still a bit choppy, but ok. Lovely smartphone btw, great build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts