LAYOUT ISSUE : Flippers Are A Little Too Far Apart

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The flippers on Medieval Madness seem to be a little too far apart. I've played three different MM tables in the last week and all of them had the flippers a little closer together than they currently are on The Pinball Arcade. I'm going to assume that the layout is the same for all platforms and devices since the flipper placement issue is present on the Android and iOS versions.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The flippers on Medieval Madness seem to be a little too far apart. I've played three different MM tables in the last week and all of them had the flippers a little closer together than they currently are on The Pinball Arcade. I'm going to assume that the layout is the same for all platforms and devices since the flipper placement issue is present on the Android and iOS versions.

If i read correctly, the metal at the bottom of the ramps was designed to stop failed shots from going STDM. On the left ramp failed shots drain down a lot.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If i read correctly, the metal at the bottom of the ramps was designed to stop failed shots from going STDM. On the left ramp failed shots drain down a lot.

You're absolutely right and this is being caused by the flippers being placed a little too far apart.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I hadn't noticed immediately whilst playing (and out of all the Farsight tables, MM is the one I've played the most) but I'm sure you're right. The ball feels far too light/fast as well for some reason. BoP nails it, though.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I've never played a real MM table, but I'm sure on WPHOF I wasn't getting this many SDTM shots. The flippers do seem too far apart. As I have said my comment can't be taken as gospel but something seems a bit off...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've never played a real table (would give both my arms to though).
I've only played the Megapin and JPSalas recreations in Visual Pinball...and the version someone made in Future Pinball (can't remember who).

On those tables most of my SDTM would be more aptly named "Down the flipper and off the end cause i was too damned slow".

I will reserve my judgement until the consoles get the table. I find the mobile versions to be off in general. Not to say i don't find them fun or impressive but have to change the way i approach all the tables because of the nudge mechanism.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Yup, the real table's flippers are moved in more...

proof,
1idd1c.gif

Also the apron decals are off...

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Farsight commented about this and the apron image on Facebook,

"This will be fixed in an update. The visual mesh for the iOS version was not updated when we fixed this months ago on the consoles."

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Cool! Farsight, I'm guessing super skill shot won't be an issue on consoles either? Is a way to do the super skill shot and troll bombs being worked on for Android and iOS?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Cool! Farsight, I'm guessing super skill shot won't be an issue on consoles either? Is a way to do the super skill shot and troll bombs being worked on for Android and iOS?

It's a control scheme issue, we're looking into a way to do it on the phones. Consoles shouldn't have any of those problems because the flipper and plunger controls are always active.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Another comment from Farsight,

"Visually the flippers are definitely too far apart on MM. However, the collision (mesh) that determines when/where/how the flippers interact with the ball should be correct on the iOS even if it looks wrong. We will confirm and make sure that it's fixed in the next table update."

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This issue is present on the Android version as well. Just thought I'd point that out since I only see iOS being referenced to.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Another comment from Farsight,

"Visually the flippers are definitely too far apart on MM. However, the collision (mesh) that determines when/where/how the flippers interact with the ball should be correct on the iOS even if it looks wrong. We will confirm and make sure that it's fixed in the next table update."
I don't think that's quite right. I've had it SDTM far more than on PHOF or IRL. Also, do we know if there's an issue with ball weight/speed, or is it just me?

Roy Wils

Apr 17, 2012
on the real table.. on both ramps there is an Ball Guide.. they actually elevated half of it on the ramp.. to make sure the ball always goes to the flippers instead of going STTM. this however is not present at the pinball arcade.. so far for the Pixel Perfect experience right ;)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have noticed this, to my great frustration, as well. About 40% of all the shots at the gate goes STDM, 50% of all failed shots also goes STDM. Especially the gate "bug" is quite annoying since you pretty much have to shoot it or just leave the castles undestroyed. Now, I have to either not shoot it or wait until I get a multiball and sacrifice the balls then.

Hope this will change in the next update. I remember the gate being a bit hazardous on the real machine but not nearly as bad as on the iOS-version.

Additionally, I must say the trolls are a security hazard as well. Hitting them straight on has a good chance of STDM.

I don't mind the game being difficult but there is really no way around this as far as I see. Any suggestions?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I know from the versions that I've played that the trolls are in fact quite dangerous though i always seem to fall pray to an outlane bounce. The castle is a STDM risk i think mostly from the right flipper, not so bad if you glance it off the targets that light the trolls or from the left.
On the phone I find it hard to nudge but a good nudge to the right flipper should negate that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.