Tournament is still an endurance

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I just spent over 90 minutes on NGG and got over 600 million points, I ended up purposely draining my last 3 balls because the table was acting up and I had to start using the attendant.

This is pretty ridiculous, especially in a tournament. Once again it boils down to whoever has enough spare time to sit there grinding away at the tables.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I agree. I think they should disable EBs (probably most important), enable tournament settings and also not choose tables with significant and common game ending bugs.

Andrew Sully

Oct 2, 2012
maybe have it on one table and have qualifiers and sorta same as in rl, real life. But i like the fact i HAVEto learn tables in packs i woulnt usually play cos i buy a pack for 1 table.

karl

May 10, 2012
I agree. I think they should disable EBs (probably most important), enable tournament settings and also not choose tables with significant and common game ending bugs.

What he said.

Also, no more than 3 entries pr user for each table. Not letting one quit in the middle of a game and start over is probably gonna be hard to control but there is a lot of other steps they could take to make it a little more challenging.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I still say make it like the PAPA qualifying, where you have to play all the tables once as a set and then either count all the scores or count none of them.

And as for the limited entries - what happens when a game-breaking bug occurs? Will it know enough to give me another entry as compensation?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I still say make it like the PAPA qualifying, where you have to play all the tables once as a set and then either count all the scores or count none of them.

And as for the limited entries - what happens when a game-breaking bug occurs? Will it know enough to give me another entry as compensation?

But my gripe is you have to allocate so much time, being forced to play 8 tables in one sitting will be hopeless.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Because TPA won't stay resident in the devices memory for that long, Android loves to free up memory on lower end devices.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
So true... As I said in the previous tournament, I give myself 5 games each. I'm like 25-30th now, and I'll only touch the tournament button when I'm out of the top 100 :) I'd really appreciate 'some' limitations...

Never got my top100 reward from the last one though... ;-)

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I agree with the limitations because the 2 hour long games are crazy, especially for someone who has a full time job and a life but I am enjoying it none the less. Papa rules would be welcome :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Regarding the tables staying resident, the game could keep track of what tables you have and haven't played.

OR make it so that only your last score counted...posted 63mil and then only 5 mil your next game...guess what your tourney rank just dropped.

Normally I just focus on one table at a time and I generally find enough time to play it for that particular day.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
OR make it so that only your last score counted...posted 63mil and then only 5 mil your next game...guess what your tourney rank just dropped.

I like this idea. Your score for a table is zero, until updated with a posted score. Once you start a game, your posted table score is set to zero again, so if you interrupt your game, your posted table score is zero.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts