any one from farsite answer this.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Is there an approxate date we can expect to see this on steam.
Or will it be a year long no information waiting game as it has been so far.

I guess I can still enjoy the android version in 1080p on my pc using bluestacks

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
They need to implement the things that you usually see on Steam (such as the achievements and putting in the SDKs). It should be around this time frame PC backers get their build from Kickstarter. It'll probably be next month on Steam, since they still need to go through contracting.

Not sure how many tables they'll put up, though.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Next question,
Is the beta for all kickstarter backers who chose the pc as their primary platform, or just for backers of a certain tier group and above?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Before we release on Steam we need the SDK. I don't have access to it yet. Waiting on contracts/paperwork to be signed with Valve. Hoping to get that soon.

flywithsean

Apr 20, 2013
Mike answered my question in another thread if anyone cares.

We just got access to the Steam SDK a few weeks ago.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...developers.php

In the past the SDK wasn't available until you were greenlit/approved and unfortunately they changed this policy after we were greenlit. We've never done a steam game before, so it is all new to us.

Adding more people on the Steam SDK integration wouldn't make it get done any faster. It's a common misconception that more programmers working on something makes it get done faster. The problem here is the work I'm doing now isn't modular enough to break up into smaller parts to hand off to someone else.

I'm splitting my time between doing Steam and implementing new tables. I've done most of the tables so it makes sense for me to do them (I can get them done faster than anyone else from all the experience). I also have done the most work on PC. Handing off Steam/PC to someone else wouldn't make sense cause we'd have to spend weeks getting them up to speed on how PC works.

From a business stand point, the new tables are most important because they bring in revenue needed to sustain the studio (pay utilities, salaries, etc). I love what I do, but sorry, I cannot work for free. I have bills of my own to pay and a family to take care of.

On the bright side, I'm pretty much full time on Steam right now.

JesseL

Oct 10, 2012
That's good to know it's going strong then and my daily check of the 'coming soon' section of Steam is not hopeless dreaming.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
How come Primordia, an Indie game, was released on Steam 5 days after it got the Greenlight?

Primordia doesn't have 15 packs worth of DLC, demo acces for every DLC, cross platform leader boards, personal login for claiming credited DLC, an a ton of other things.

Thats a lot of "T's" to cross and "I's" to dot.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Primordia doesn't have 15 packs worth of DLC, demo acces for every DLC, cross platform leader boards, personal login for claiming credited DLC, an a ton of other things.

Thats a lot of "T's" to cross and "I's" to dot.
Not to mention Wadjet Eye Games was not trying to put out a DLC a month on multiple other platforms at the time they were developing their PC game.

Jun 8, 2013
I am not asking why the game isn't finished yet, I'm asking why it takes at least 2 weeks to get the paperwork done, hence the quote in my previous reply.

BTW. My previous nickname was Admin, which was an allowed name when I registered on the forum, but the administrator of this forum changed it to Dumbass without even contacting me to ask which name I wanted. That says a lot how you threat new members here.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
BTW. My previous nickname was Admin, which was an allowed name when I registered on the forum. Some anonymous moderator of this forum changed it to Dumbass without even contacting me to ask me which name I wanted.
That says a lot how you threat new members here.
Moderators are not able to change others' usernames. I'm guessing our real administrator, Gord Lacey, did not appreciate your attempt to impersonate him. You should take it up with him to get it changed again.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
How come Primordia, an Indie game, was released on Steam 5 days after it got the Greenlight?

Most likely cause Primordia is published by Wadjet Eye Games, who has shipped other Steam games. Therefore they would have access to the Steam SDK before the game went on Greenlight.

This is the first game FarSight has put on Steam. And the first Steam game anyone at FarSight has worked on.

Jun 8, 2013
You took "Admin" as your name on a forum that you are not in fact an admin on. No further evidence is required.

I hope you're not a lawyer, you wouldn't win any case.

Most likely cause Primordia is published by Wadjet Eye Games, who has shipped other Steam games. Therefore they would have access to the Steam SDK before the game went on Greenlight.

This is the first game FarSight has put on Steam. And the first Steam game anyone at FarSight has worked on.

OK, that was a bad example, what about Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams? That was the first title of a new studio founded in 2012 and it took them only 8 days to get it released after being Greenlit.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Do some research on Black Forest Games and you might actually be able to answer that question yourself, Dumbass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts