Dr. Dude slow play issue

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
Dr. Dude on the Vita runs terribly. What is the deal with that farsight? Is this what you consider a ready to release product?

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
It's a very bad thing what Farsight did with Dr. Dude! And i think the PSVita is the underdog for Farsight because all of the tables are not great and full of bugs.
I have bought all tables on my Android, Ipad, PS3 (PSVita) but i like to play it on my PSVita because of the buttons and i dislike touchscreen.

I hope Farsight will patch the PSVita very soon so i can play Dr Dude. Now i'm going to play it on my PS3.

Farsight i hope you will read this and make it possible on the PSVita!!!!

Thx

(sorry for my bad english)

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I don't know if it's just me but Dr. Dude seems to be running at half speed compared to other tables on the Vita. Absolutely terrible.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Definitely a problem with Dr. Dude. Feels like playing in slo-mo.

Firepower looks and runs fine to me so far.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Confirmed here too. It's like playing underwater.

And I had a glitch in my very first game of Firepower too. This is absolute crap.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I thought it was just me. I absolutely think this table looks and plays the WORST out of all of them. I can't believe how bad the table looks. The Vita has the specs to blow the Android version out of the water and yet...the Android version is superior in every way. I'm saddened by this.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
@madscience2006 "Anything" in Dutch is "niets" lol....

We must contact Farsight about this issue. We all have payed money for there products and it's not what we expected. normally if we buy something in a shop we have a 14 day guarantee on that product or more then 14 days. So if we "vita owners" will strike for our money back, then Farsight will see what they are doing wrong. I believe they can make it better on the Vita, but i think we must go harder on them.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Unplayable. I rushed through the goals and won't touch it again on vita unless it's fixed. Even the freaking sound is delayed and chops. This is game.com level stuff.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What did you detail the issues as?
"Product released in an unplayable and unfinished state due to a lack of respect our consumers?"
I don't work for FarSight. I just maintain the public master issues lists on this forum.

And no, your opinion regarding FarSight's attitude towards its customers did not make it into the bug report.

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
If only it were an opinion. This release and lack of communication regarding it demonstrates it as something of a fact.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if they ever played zen pinball on Vita. I love TPA and Farsight but they really should be ashamed of the product they are releasing on Vita. It's a real joke. Nothing short of almost PS3 quality is acceptable and God are we miles away from that.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
It highlights the downsides to porting code across platforms. I presume we could get big performance improvements if the engine was tuned / coded independently for each platform (in an ideal world obviously where FS had more resource)

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Cross platform or not, something went soooo wrong with this one. It is a slide show. Very bizarre that they managed to botch it that bad. It doesn't even look that great. AFM looks better and runs well. I'm really pretty shocked they released it in this state.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Does Dr Dude have the colored squiggle wires on Vita?
They removed those on mobile to run better... Wonder if they released that before they realized that could be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.