Zen marvel tables sale

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
All the marvel tables are currently on sale, I just picked up 8 of them for 69p each on ipad that I had been holding out on. I believe the Star Wars tables are currently on sale too.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Kevlar...thanks for the heads up.... i'm moderately interested in picking up a few more of these; i personally don't find Zen anywhere near as engaging as TPA tables however sometimes i play Zen just to take a rest from TPA and prevent me burning-out or tiring.

Question, can you rank the Marvel tables you've purchased for mine and other forum members benefits ? Sure it's gonna be subjective, but any opinion is better than none in aiding a purchasing decision. And yes, at fire-sale prices i could buy all 7 Marvel tables available, but what's the point if they're boring to play. Tables i have are X-Men (don't play), Blade (play), Ghost Rider (don't play), World War Hulk (play), Captain America (don't play), Thor (don't play), Fantastic Four (play), Paranormal (play), Tesla (play), Epic Quest (play), Excalibur (don't play), Sorcerer's Lair (play).

unknown tables (where you come in) Iron Man, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, Moon Knight, Civil War, Avengers, Wolverine

i appreciate any light you can shed..... any advocacy and preferences

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Yes, the Star Wars tables are on sale too. I just picked up Ghost Rider for IPad 3. Any suggestions on others? Which ones do people like? I don't think the ps3 ones are on sale! Bummer!

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Hi Kevlar...thanks for the heads up.... i'm moderately interested in picking up a few more of these; i personally don't find Zen anywhere near as engaging as TPA tables however sometimes i play Zen just to take a rest from TPA and prevent me burning-out or tiring.

Question, can you rank the Marvel tables you've purchased for mine and other forum members benefits ? Sure it's gonna be subjective, but any opinion is better than none in aiding a purchasing decision. And yes, at fire-sale prices i could buy all 7 Marvel tables available, but what's the point if they're boring to play. Tables i have are X-Men (don't play), Blade (play), Ghost Rider (don't play), World War Hulk (play), Captain America (don't play), Thor (don't play), Fantastic Four (play), Paranormal (play), Tesla (play), Epic Quest (play), Excalibur (don't play), Sorcerer's Lair (play).

unknown tables (where you come in) Iron Man, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, Moon Knight, Civil War, Avengers, Wolverine

I'm no expert on Zen tables much preferring TPA myself but actually imho all the tables you haven't got ( bar wolverine ) are better than all the tables you have got!:). Fear Itself is my personal favourite.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Fear Itself & Moon Knight are 2 of my favourites.
But my all time favourite is Excalibur which you don't play, so I'm not sure our tastes are the same.

I used to be 90/10 split in favour of TPA.
It's probably more 50/50 now since Star Wars Ep V, and since Android got touchscreen nudging (controller mapping).
Zen's quality is awesome, and puts TPA to shame.
A lot complain about the Zen physics, with the ball being weighty, but the answer if you don't like it is, operator menu, change the playfield angle down a little. I don't mind the standard settings.
I believe Earth defence and Shaman are coming to Android next - can't wait, although I am looking forward to TPA getting Pinbot.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
A lot complain about the Zen physics, with the ball being weighty, but the answer if you don't like it is, operator menu, change the playfield angle down a little. I don't mind the standard settings.

Even with it angled as flat as it can go in the operator settings, it's still extremely heavy. A ball coming down at full speed should not come to rest easily on a flipped up flipper.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Even with it angled as flat as it can go in the operator settings, it's still extremely heavy. A ball coming down at full speed should not come to rest easily on a flipped up flipper.

I haven't got a problem with how it plays under normal settings.
It is what it is - a video game that's pinball based.
I enjoy it - it's a shame you don't!

Other Zen tips - (whilst I'm on about it)
Play Landscape (cam 5) portrait isn't as good for me.
Try table explore mode (press and keep holding cam button)
Look up Shoryukentothechins pdf table guides (zen instructions are vague). https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?4851-Official-ZP2-PFX2-amp-Marvel-Pinball-Table-Guides

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Agree about landscape, I play exclusively in portrait on TPA but none of the portrait views in Zen work for me.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Agree about landscape, I play exclusively in portrait on TPA but none of the portrait views in Zen work for me.

Yeah I'm exactly the same.

TPA is always portrait (cam 1 or 2).
Zen is always landscape (cam 5)

Zen's portrait views are too plan biased.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
thanks Kolchak, Kevlar & Baron Rubik for the helpful responses

so as a minimum, i'm going to get Moon Knight & Fear Itself ...and see how i go from there. It's not about the cost, just a question of whether having them adds any value.

i'm also going to adjust the angle of incline in the hope of getting a more realistic feel to the tables. I don't want to reignite the whole Zen vs TPA debate again but physics aside, one other thing that has always bugged me with Zen is the lack of obvious guides/hints as to what i should be shooting for, along with a feeling that i can be playing for a very long time on a table without any clear advancement towards completing goals. The HUD messages are not very clear either. I'm going to also try switching to landscape - the thought of this hadn't even occurred to me before - and recommended camera view (i know what i like in TPA - cam 2 & portrait - but had never settled upon one particular default in Zen. And I'll also check out the table guides as i patently don't know what i'd doing in the land of Zen, even when any single game can last for a long time ... again, very helpful, thanks for the link there BR.

Happy flippin' flipping to all

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

You're more than welcome - hope you enjoy the tables.

It's easy to get blindsided by other people's preconceptions of Zen.

For some reason, the prejudice seems to go...

Real table owners think TPA is inferior - TPA fans think Zen (especially Marvel) is a lesser product - Zen players just enjoy playing them all when and where they can.

I know who I think is missing out!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.