Popeye Saves The Earth isn't that bad!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So, I was walking through a local pinball arcade today, when I found the Popeye Saves The Earth pinball machine that you guys kept talking about. You keep saying that it doesn't have enough space and stuff, but guess what....

I like it.

Popeye is actually a very nice SuperPin, and I especially like the huge boat in the middle of the playfield. Sure, it covers a lot of space, but it's a separate playfield complete with second layer! I especially like the animal path as well, and also all the DMD animations. I would love to see this on Pinball Arcade someday!

N

netizen

it looks like a table that would translate well to being digitized. From what I have read about it the biggest complaints about the play experience were related to the toys breaking down on a regular basis, but in a digital environment everything should, in theory, work reliably all of the time.

I don't think that it will have a deep rule set, but there is potential for some cheesy animation and old school nostalgia. It is Popeye after all.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
I yam armed and ready to save the planek!

PSTE%20TPF%20263.jpg

PSTE%20TPF%20260.jpg

I love this pin, but by way of full disclosure, I once named a cat "Olive Oyl" after seeing Shelley Duvall hit that role into the upper decks.

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I love this Pinball machine, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. Another table I actually like from visual pinball is Segas Baywatch, theirs so many pins I want to see in here it would take me a few hours to name them. I just hope they keep doing them and we get to the top 100 tables of all time someday, talk about an Awsome Pinball Museum.

night

May 18, 2012
How come that I posted this Popeye table weeks ago and everybody said it stinks? And now it's cool? I don't get it.. Nothing wrong with spinach.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I doubt FS would want to touch the "worst machine of all time", even if a lot of people like it. The backlash on Facebook will be tremendous.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
But Popeye is the poster child of bad pinball tables. In the sense that it's a long-running joke when it comes to bad pinball machines.

Popeye is not the worst pinball game ever, but it just wasn't good enough to hold my attention. Especially since my arcade had a Road Show next to it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Popeye is not the worst pinball game ever, but it just wasn't good enough to hold my attention. Especially since my arcade had a Road Show next to it.

I'm not saying it is the worst game ever, particularly not in everyone's opinion. But it's kind of become the butt of the joke when it comes to bad pinball machines. That and Raven (which I think isn't terrible for the record). So Farsight would be unwise to touch it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

No, that honor would go to Rolling Stones! Also Rocky and Bullwinkle is pretty fun. Not sure how it got lumped in with Popeye.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.