anyone using xbox 360 controller with wireless receiver?

eddiec

Apr 11, 2012
Hi, I'm curious if anyone here is using an xbox 360 controller via the wireless remote receiver with their mac version of TPA? Is there any kind of delay when pressing the buttons like PS3 people are suffering? Thanks.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
I'm using this setup on my Mac with the help of ControllerMate application.

Works perfectly:
- zero lag (I also have PS3 where TPA lags a lot and XBOX where it has no lag, just like on Mac)
- analog plunger (via touchscreen virtual device in ControllerMate)
- nudging with left stick like on XBOX
- some basic mouse click emulation so that I can enter initials and restart the game from the controller

Here is the screenshot with ControllerMate settings.

But the best part is that it runs on a 24" DELL display in PORTRAIT mode. There was a bug in Mac OS X making portrait mode unusable in 3D applications (it flickered and showed like 5fps), but it was fixed recently and 10.8.1+ versions work smoothly in fullscreen portrait resolution.

I only wish the graphics were more close to PS3/XBOX versions as the ball has no reflections and lighting is poor, like in the mobile versions =(

Hope to get my hands on the PC beta version soon (pity that it will not support portrait mode from the start).

Last edited:

eddiec

Apr 11, 2012
@Tuomas, yes some ps3 console users report a delay

@CrazyCoder, are you using an official wireless remote receiver or a third party one, cause all I can find are third party units now. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.