Dr. Dude vs Toejam & Earl

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Anyone else get a Toejam & Earl (Sega Genesis) vibe from this table?
I know they were both released in 1990, and fit into the whole Bill & Ted generation.

I've never played this table until now and I'm enjoying it.
I get a lot of déjà vu moments with TJ&E.
Some of the synth tunes as well as the lingo, "Dude rating".

"Earl is a geek!"

Hehe. Was just curious if anyone else who's experienced both games feels the same

Speaking of which,'a TJ&E pinball table would be EXCELLENT! :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I guess it's just me... Or there are no other Toejam & Earl fans on here... *sigh*

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't played much of Dr. Dude yet, and I never played much of TJ&E (didn't have a Genesis), but I can definitely see what you're talking about--they're both of that certain era. ;n)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I only played tj&e 3 for xbox and it was a lot more hip hop oriented. I felt a lot more of the bill n ted vibe. I love bill and ted. DD is strange to me because the theme isnt that well done but I still love to play it

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It's not you, and you're totally right IMO! Now I think about it, a good (if difficult AND time consuming!) project would be to do a total conversion of a Dr. Dude into a TJ&E. I don't know why you'd choose that specifically if you were doing a TC, maybe you could just leave 90% of the samples and music in there ;)

Oh wow, I just wrote that last sentence before I saw your full post. Sounds like a project!

Toejam & Earl intro
And for a bit of fun, TJ&E theme... live!

Jammin'

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Dr. Dude. Toe Jam and Earl. Bill and Tedd. Saved by the Bell opening. Fruit by the Foot. Double Dare. Yeah it's that early 90's and by early 90's I mean 90 and 91. After that Nirvana came out and everything changed. Instead of bright lime green and pink shirts everyone started wearing chucks and flannel.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts