Calling timelord aka wullie aka the scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
wullie dude i dont mind if you just wanted us pesky kids of your lawn lol, just let us know you and sunshower are good!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very strange...I was going to meet him in Chicago, but never heard back from hm either....I just hope they're ok.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Wow,

I am overwhelmed!

Rest assured I am OK. I just returned from a 41 day "vacation" in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest. The closest I came to an internet connection was in Iquitos, and I did not stay there long. I am very sure that I told Heretic that I would be gone for a few weeks, but our "mission" was extended by logistical necessity. It was not a tour but a medical "mission" that I had volunteered for well over a year ago.

I sure felt like a "Timelord" there. We traveled NE from Iquitos on the Amazon to provide basic medical needs to any villages who were accessible and wanted it. It was like going back to the "Stone Age". Very cool and yet very sobering. We have it so good in the modernized world I can't begin to describe it. I also felt like baggage as I was the only member who had no formal medical training and just provided technical assistance and to install some equipment in remote locations for future use.

Most of the people were very friendly, but there was a few times I thought we would not make it out alive.

I am very tired and glad to be home.

You have no idea what you take for granted every day, boys and girls.

Yet it was an adventure of a lifetime, exceeding even flying in C-130's into hurricanes during my USAF days.

I will talk with everyone after I have rested up some.

PS to Gord and Greg.... The alternate email on Sunshower's account is mine as she is clueless in regards to setting up these types of accounts. And she is not very forum-centric so sh didn't even sign on during my absence.

LOL.... womenz

Timelord ...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
ITS ALIIIIIVE! Glad everything is ok and big shocker H forgot :p pictures or it didnt happen :p cant wait to hear more about your trip. Rest up in a nice bed after eating good food and a hot shower, civilization will creep back in.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You should read a book called "A Guest in the Jungle." It's a fun story about a lawyer who goes to the Amazon, and has quite an adventure. It's a pretty quick read.

Glad to hear you're alright :D

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Glad you're back and you're both well! Looking forward to hearing more about your (time) travel soon.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thank goodness, man! You had us quite worried. Sounds like you had a great adventure though. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Welcome back! Good to hear everything's alright - you did have us worried there. Remember to flood your system with alcohol to kill off any pesky intestinal parasites that you may have brought back from Peru! :p

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I just wanted to wrap this thread up by thanking each and every person who posted here.

I went to the chat room and was hoping to see some of you but it is quite dead in there. Ran into Heretic and chatted for about an hour before Skill Shot stopped in. I consider this thread as done, Mods can close it now.

I'll see you all on the site.

Timelord ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts