cannot hold flipper up for longer than 25 seconds

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I have two Android phones (Droid3, Droid1) both on OS 2.3, and I've noticed that I cannot hold a flipper up longer than 25 seconds. No matter which table, if I have the flipper held up, after 25 seconds, the flipper comes down. Which is annoying if you're cradling a ball on that flipper, esp in multiball.

Strangely, it's not limited to TPA. In other apps on the phones, it seems that a click & hold operation on the screen is interrupted somehow after 25 seconds.

Anyone else see this on their Android phone?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
That's a very old version of Android, can you not update them to newer versions? Official or otherwise?

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
I know it might seem unrelated, but do you have your display timeout set to 30 seconds? If so, change it to 60 seconds and see if this behavior changes in TPA.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
It's not related to Display Timeout, I just tried with longer timeouts, no difference.

The Droid1 is actually on CM7.2. I'm starting to suspect it's hardware (Motorola) related. In trying difference things, I see that constantly moving my fingertip around seems to prevent the unwanted release. So, I guess I can flipper cradle if I constantly twiddle my fingertip.

Which is totally going to look perverse if I do it on a real pin table. :p

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I have two Android phones (Droid3, Droid1) both on OS 2.3, and I've noticed that I cannot hold a flipper up longer than 25 seconds. No matter which table, if I have the flipper held up, after 25 seconds, the flipper comes down. Which is annoying if you're cradling a ball on that flipper, esp in multiball.

Strangely, it's not limited to TPA. In other apps on the phones, it seems that a click & hold operation on the screen is interrupted somehow after 25 seconds.

Anyone else see this on their Android phone?

It's specific to your devices touchscreen drivers.

Just tried it on 2.3.7 MIUI 2.4.20 no problem - cradled for well over a minute.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
What maker model phone did you try it on? Thanks for taking the time to try it.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Ok, thanks. Now I have to decide if flipper cradling is worth the effort of swapping in better touchscreen hardware drivers.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
LOL! I may have to do this too. "Honey, we need to buy a N7, because, err, of hardware driver issues. Yeah, driver issues."

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
LOL! I may have to do this too. "Honey, we need to buy a N7, because, err, of hardware driver issues. Yeah, driver issues."

N7 is pretty awesome. For a bit though I thought there was a flippee bug because the flippers would randomly drop on me whike holding them. Turned oit it was the case I had it in. The elastic corners that held the corners were affecting the screen somehow and removing it solved the problem

targa

Apr 12, 2012
Hi there

I also get this issue on a galaxy tab 2, but i know that doesn't happen when i move my thumb without releasing it from the screen.I just make small circles with my thumb when i want to keep a ball

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts