Request Vector

Ccv

May 7, 2013
Ok, I'm biased, but this is the last used machine I owned in the 1980's, and my hands down favorite.

I used to be able to buy machines from arcades for $200 to $300, play the heck out of them, and then resell or toss them. I put Vector on curb when the last of its LED displays went out and I could no longer swap them around to make a working player 1 display. This was around 1992, and the displays were about $70 each. I didn't think putting $240 into a $200 machine made sense. Little did I know that pinball machines only had about 10 years left, and that there were no more used machines in my future.

Anyhow, here's a good video describing the machine. I regret not keeping my machine even more after watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4LDlL7-sXU

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
awesome ! i never encountered that one in the real world. Just from the video there are two things i like about it one is its a Bally creation and vintage '82 model year. If i was in a position and had the space to accommodate real life pins i would have NEVER thrown that out.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I like Vector but I found it a very cramped playfield compared to other Bally tables of the same era. Great looking game though.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Soon as you mentioned it, I had to play Pacdude's VP8 version again.
Would love this in TPA.

Also played Victory for the first time in a while. Can't wait for that too.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
There's a Vector in pretty great shape at the Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, PA. Very fun game! Lots to do, and really unique approach to inlanes and outlanes.

Members online

Members online