How to received this kind of grafic view on a tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I've just found in the IN this kind of video from Arcade Pinball:

The grafik looks like very great and I've never seen this on so cleatr and beautifull on my Tablet ( A510) . The Tab is not the baddest one (1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad Core Mobile Processor Super 4-PLUS-1 Quad Core with 5th Battery Saver Core // Tegra3 GPU )and should not have a problem with this kind of grafik ( Mirror in the ball, very clear tables ...)

Can I expect , that the grafik will be better (like the video) in future for Android?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Unfortunately, light shading like this is too resource-intensive to allow for acceptable framerates. It takes too much GPU grunt to do this.

As the game continues to be developed, mobile is being treated to some things that were perceived as impossible up until very recently.

The flasher effects we saw on Attack From Mars demonstrate that Alpha Blending is possible on mobile, which was thought to be impossible without serious performance degredation.

Ryan also has a task to implement high resolution table models in Android, however has encountered some performance issues with framerates due to the way the game engine works.

I, personally, would still love the opportunity to test out the high res models. Let's just see how badly my Tegra 3 tablet lags with Hi Dev tables running. This request was proposed in another thread, which you can feel free to weigh in on.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
how badly my Tegra 3 tablet lags
Hmmm, I can remember to read something, that the code is not optimized for e.g. the Tegra 3 Chip... The code should be run on the most of current Tablet's
Also I can remember, that the performance of the Tegra3 should nearly the same as in a PS1 - maybe the vision could be better, but the code must in this case optimized for the Tegra Chip

This request was proposed in another thread, which you can feel free to weigh in on.
Does you the link to the thread, please ? If I search "Tegra" I found a lot of thread ... which one does you mean exactly?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hmmm, I can remember to read something, that the code is not optimized for e.g. the Tegra 3 Chip... The code should be run on the most of current Tablet's
Also I can remember, that the performance of the Tegra3 should nearly the same as in a PS1 - maybe the vision could be better, but the code must in this case optimized for the Tegra Chip

Does you the link to the thread, please ? If I search "Tegra" I found a lot of thread ... which one does you mean exactly?

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?t=3890, which is (for me using Tapatalk HD) about three swipes down the page.

I would suggest doing some reading back through old posts to get a real understanding about how Android is where it is today. Particularly the Beta threads. Great info in there.

The code is not optimized for Tegra 3. There is a thread for the CPU (which is quite low demand) and a thread for the GPU (which sucks most of the power). Ryan can clarify here, but the GPU is where the bottleneck currently is.

N

netizen

if the rumours about the next gen tegra soc platforms hold true we should be seeing some massive improvements this generation of mobile devices and moving forward.

if not then the cut to the bone power saving could enter a new Renaissance of hardware level coding similar to the Amiga days.

We will see what we see.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
An improvement of the game with the next Tega version does not help so much with my current Tablett. It was not the cheapest one and should stay with me some times longer :)

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.