Android - Bug Freezing after game has finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
Hi Guys

I have a Nexus 7 and all of a sudden when the game finishes and the DMD goes to see if you one a free credit, it freezes. I have tried going to recently used apps and swiping it away and I have restarted the tablet, and none of these options work. I find it weird that it just started happening after it's been working fine all along. If you leave it on the frozen screen it will eventually unfreeze itself but it takes quite a bit of time. Do you guys think uninstalling the app would help? I really love the game and just switched from buying tables for the PS3 to getting them for Android. So this problem is driving me nuts!]

Jason

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I sometimes see this happen when the game tries to upload your score to the farsight servers and the internet connection (wifi or cell) is spotty.

If I play as a guest, then this problem never happens.

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
That seems to be the problem! I disabled wifi and it worked fine! This is definitely something they should fix. Love the game though!

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I disabled wifi and it worked fine!
I don't think, that it's help in every case, because I forgot sometimes to enable WiFi (it's only on, if I'm at home, on the way Wifi is disabled). At the end of the game, the app freeze sometimes - but very, very sporadicaly... I don't think, that I haven't reached in this situation a new Highscore....
After that, it was enough to kick the Task and restart the App.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I don't think, that it's help in every case, because I forgot sometimes to enable WiFi (it's only on, if I'm at home, on the way Wifi is disabled). At the end of the game, the app freeze sometimes - but very, very sporadicaly... I don't think, that I haven't reached in this situation a new Highscore....
After that, it was enough to kick the Task and restart the App.

Do you log into your Farsight acct, or play offline as guest? That's the crucial difference, in my experience.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I didn't logoff anytime, if I stop the game ;)
I go back to the menu, press short the home-key and kick out the app out of the memory. Next time I start the app normal

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I didn't logoff anytime, if I stop the game ;)
I go back to the menu, press short the home-key and kick out the app out of the memory. Next time I start the app normal

No, I mean whenever I start up the app, and it asks if I want to log in with my Farsight acct or play offline as guest, I play offline as guest. This way, I never get the after game pause where the app tries to upload my score to Farsight.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
my nexus 7 was doing exactly the same thing every game i had yesterday morning, thankfully been working fine today though

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
It intermittently does the same for me on a 16g Nexus 7, and I have never logged into anything while playing as I have no account.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.