age of pinball warning

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
if you use the age of pinball APP which has several gems in it be careful of this. There is an in app purchase option called bonus aide. do not purchase / unlock this feature. If you purchase / unlock this feature it places a "rewind" icon right over the right inlane / outlane area making it so you can't see to nudge the ball back into the inlane. It also places an "slow" icon over the left inlane / outlane entrance causing the same issue as on the right side. Once purchased there is NO way in the settings to turn these icons off and they can NOT be moved to a less bothersome part of the screen. In other words you purchase them you are stuck with these icons. The intent of this feature is to allow you to rewind like a VCR tape a few seconds back and slow is to slow it down or something. However such a feature should be hidden in the settings menu OR a way provided to turn it OFF so the icons are removed from the screen. Also do NOT unlock / purchase the all in one feature. this will unlock that rewind / slow feature and place those icons over the inlane / outlane entrance areas. One more thing do not bother with the flipper pack or the custom ball pack they don't appear on the tables. Just use the default ball and default flippers. Since i trashed the age of pinballs APP with no way to remove those icons i deleted the APP and spent the $2 to purchase age of pinballs pro and another couple dollars to unlock 5 balls option and add a blocking post between the flippers. I'm not mad as the $$$$$$ helped support ASK homework and there are some gorgeous gems hidden in those APPS.

night

May 18, 2012
The only 'other' ASK table I have is the Vampire table I bought before TPA. It is not comparable with what ASK is doing with Zaccaria right now. They are rebuilding their physics engine and Zaccaria is a great sandbox with our help and suggestions. If FarSight releases a table with bugs you might be lucky if it will ever be fixed. I remember how many months we complained about their horrible blue-planet carpet in the background. It took 1,5 years for them to remove it. ASK just adds a switch to set the backgroud to black, in less than a couple of weeks! Not to forget about all the other updates, control over graphics and physics, all implemented within weeks after our suggestions. Now that's a company I set my money on!

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
IIRC the slow/rewind buttons are not visible in pro/simulation mode.
i did switch over to pro which included all 19 tables for $1.99 (before in APP add ons). am very pleased with the pro version better graphics rendering too even on the iPad mini which is non-retina. I am not familiar with the simulation mode or what it does.

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
The only 'other' ASK table I have is the Vampire table I bought before TPA. It is not comparable with what ASK is doing with Zaccaria right now. They are rebuilding their physics engine and Zaccaria is a great sandbox with our help and suggestions. If FarSight releases a table with bugs you might be lucky if it will ever be fixed. I remember how many months we complained about their horrible blue-planet carpet in the background. It took 1,5 years for them to remove it. ASK just adds a switch to set the backgroud to black, in less than a couple of weeks! Not to forget about all the other updates, control over graphics and physics, all implemented within weeks after our suggestions. Now that's a company I set my money on!
i will add another good thing about ASK to this. On most tables once unlocked you can have a five ball game without punishment / penalty. I have always prefered a five ball game and never quite understood stingy 3 ball settings. It costs the operator nothing extra to allow 5 balls vs 3 as there are recommended settings for 3 and 5 ball games. (DMD era tables that are generous with extra balls are fine with 3 balls to start) I thinking of older tables like firepower .

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
I just bought the Pro version of AOP while waiting for the Z Pinball v1.3 update. Oh my Zeus! These guys do amazing work, I especially love their early 2" flipper EMs.

I'm rarely playing TPA these days and I have all of their tables.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I just bought the Pro version of AOP while waiting for the Z Pinball v1.3 update. Oh my Zeus! These guys do amazing work, I especially love their early 2" flipper EMs.

I'm rarely playing TPA these days and I have all of their tables.
i have not been playing TPA as much anymore. I prefer the pre DMD era tables however TPA will release one more must have table (centaur) and if goes well it looks like both TPA and here (the Z app with time machine) will have updates out about the same time. Factor in age of pinballs pro , TPA , and the Z app i have plenty to choose from.

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Yeah I'm much more into the 70's & 80's tables than the later DMD generation. Just give me lots of targets & bonus point collection lights and I'm in pinball nirvana. The ASK team have really done an awesome job with AOP, especially with the EM sims and artwork overall.

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
if you use the age of pinball APP which has several gems in it be careful of this. There is an in app purchase option called bonus aide. do not purchase / unlock this feature. If you purchase / unlock this feature it places a "rewind" icon right over the right inlane / outlane area making it so you can't see to nudge the ball back into the inlane. It also places an "slow" icon over the left inlane / outlane entrance causing the same issue as on the right side. Once purchased there is NO way in the settings to turn these icons off and they can NOT be moved to a less bothersome part of the screen. In other words you purchase them you are stuck with these icons. The intent of this feature is to allow you to rewind like a VCR tape a few seconds back and slow is to slow it down or something. However such a feature should be hidden in the settings menu OR a way provided to turn it OFF so the icons are removed from the screen. Also do NOT unlock / purchase the all in one feature. this will unlock that rewind / slow feature and place those icons over the inlane / outlane entrance areas. One more thing do not bother with the flipper pack or the custom ball pack they don't appear on the tables. Just use the default ball and default flippers. Since i trashed the age of pinballs APP with no way to remove those icons i deleted the APP and spent the $2 to purchase age of pinballs pro and another couple dollars to unlock 5 balls option and add a blocking post between the flippers. I'm not mad as the $$$$$$ helped support ASK homework and there are some gorgeous gems hidden in those APPS.

This thread got kind of off the original topic. I just made this exact mistake. I downloaded Age of Pinball Pro for 1.99 then unlocked the All-In-One bonus. I really don't like the slow-motion and rewind buttons superimposed on the top of the table. I understand the A.S.K. staff is probably putting 99% of their time into the Zaccaria tables, and I can see they've fixed some of these bugs in that app, but it would be nice to have the option to turn that one feature off as well as the others. With all the tables in the A.O.P Pro Pack, there's a lot to explore, but I'm already pissed about those buttons.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
This thread got kind of off the original topic. I just made this exact mistake. I downloaded Age of Pinball Pro for 1.99 then unlocked the All-In-One bonus. I really don't like the slow-motion and rewind buttons superimposed on the top of the table. I understand the A.S.K. staff is probably putting 99% of their time into the Zaccaria tables, and I can see they've fixed some of these bugs in that app, but it would be nice to have the option to turn that one feature off as well as the others. With all the tables in the A.O.P Pro Pack, there's a lot to explore, but I'm already pissed about those buttons.
i started this thread a while back but what i did is i had to delete that APP and got the other one i think it was the pro one and did NOT unlock that feature that put those icons over inlane/outlane areas. In your case you purchased the pro version and now your stuck with those icons from the all in one bonus unlock. Since there is no fix in sight you could delete the APP and purchase the red icon version which gives the same tables and features but DON'T unlock the all in one bonus. This will cost a few extra dollars but is the only fix i know to get rid of those icons. you want to swap this for the red icon age of pinball app.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.