If the Playstation 4 release doesn't address their inability to update tables then...

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
That would be something of an achievement because Sony has almost certainly learned from this and other PS3 games that their developers need to be able to update DLC. But uh I guess if it somehow did happen I'd think seriously about getting a gaming PC and just going that route instead.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Im still on the fence as to which console I'm getting next generation but an average gaming pc should be able to run it well so for me that makes it a no-brainer

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If I knew in advance I probably wouldn't buy it. But when did we finally confirm that they absolutely can't update on the PS3, last month?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I will not. Waiting to see how th PC-version will pan out (if it will be updated like iOS and Android). I allready have a gaming pc and also a HTPC connected to my tv. Controlling Steam in Big Scrren mode with a 360 controller feels like you are on a console hehe.
That being said, I will probably pick up a PS4 anyways. Skipping.WiiU and Xbox rhis generation..

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
the thing about their ps3 comments is that they said the file size would be too large... but sony doesn't care about that.. Farsight basically pinned it on microsoft saying their title updates can't be larger than 4 megs? (that doesnt sound right lol that's like 1 floppy disk wtf?) anyways...

why do microsofts policies have to affect the ps3 build? because.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
the thing about their ps3 comments is that they said the file size would be too large... but sony doesn't care about that.. Farsight basically pinned it on microsoft saying their title updates can't be larger than 4 megs? (that doesnt sound right lol that's like 1 floppy disk wtf?) anyways...

(Oops I already made this reply in the PS3 forum Firepower thread but I can't delete that one so oh well, I'll just repeat myself: )

In the latest interview Bobby said that Sony discourages (I think that was the word, or something like it) developers from shifting DLC resources to game updates.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah but this time we'll know to ask. ; )

Sony has already said that they plan to support easier updating including DLC. That's your answer. If for some reason there's a technical glitch that doesn't allow this for TPA, we won't know until months down the road.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012

I am sure that I have read about that (Microsoft) 4 megs limit over on the ZEN Studios forum so would assume that there must be some truth in it. I think Microsoft and Sony's rules are now way outdated and the new consoles need to make big improvements when it comes to game bug fixes etc or they will be losing out big time and probably already are to the mobile networks.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Sony has already said that they plan to support easier updating including DLC. That's your answer. If for some reason there's a technical glitch that doesn't allow this for TPA, we won't know until months down the road.

It wouldn't be a technical glitch, it would be some kind of bizarre medieval DLC structure FarSight would put in place. That's what we'd ask them about, because they'd know.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It wouldn't be a technical glitch, it would be some kind of bizarre medieval DLC structure FarSight would put in place. That's what we'd ask them about, because they'd know.

Uh, if you say so. I know FS WANTS to update DLC so they would intend on making it that way.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I am sure that I have read about that (Microsoft) 4 megs limit over on the ZEN Studios forum so would assume that there must be some truth in it. I think Microsoft and Sony's rules are now way outdated and the new consoles need to make big improvements when it comes to game bug fixes etc or they will be losing out big time and probably already are to the mobile networks.

What I want to know is why does microsofts outdated policy dictate how the ps3 version is made/presented/etc.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Sony seems to be on the right track with the PS4 so I'll probably be going that route but yes... I'll be very skeptical of paying for this game all over again. I'd also like to see a Vita "2.0" remake where they're actually using the GPU and all the capability of it, then make THAT a cross-buy with the PS4 version.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It'll get the latest builds of the old tables by default. I'm not worried about it. Surely Sony has their stuff figured out this time around.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.