Zaccaria Pinball - Update v1.3

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
First of all a big thank you for all feedback, bug reports and suggestions. Of course we take them into consideration.

Update v1.3 addresses following changes:
- Added a new pinball tables, Hot Wheels.
- Added a new iap, Playfield Dirt. It includes dirty playfield textures, as well as it will be dirtier and dirtier as ball rolls over it.
- Fixed table select screen for gold members. It is centered now as iap icons are disappeared.
- Fixed 'Tap here to start' button. It is repositioned to right below of the screen.
- Added 5 new chooseable glasses.
- Fixed issue of iap scrolling.
- Added a new option to change (lock) screen position (automatic/potrait/landscape).
- Added a new option to call for help when a ball is jammed somewhere without losing a ball.
- Added a new option, Touch-based Nudge.
- Fixed 'Game Time Bonus' warning message. It is repositioned to upper side of the screen.
- Fixed issue that causes incorrect ball launch and lost a ball.
- Added a 'Bug Report' option that takes player to this forum thread.
- Fixed the new physics engine. Several tweaks have been made which cause 30% faster gameplay and more realistic physics. Also flippers are bounced a little bit when a ball touches it.
- Fixed values in Physics Tweaks menu. Now real vaules are displayed, for example playfield tilt can be change from 4.0 to 8.0 degree.
- Added 2 new options to Physics Tweaks menu. Ball Velocity defines maximum speed of ball. Slingshot Power defines shooting power of slingshots.
- Fixed issue when game mode change causes lost of settings, as well as Arcade and Simulation game modes have updated settings.
- Added automatic save option to Graphics Tweaks menu. Now these settings are saved per table.
- Fixed issue in iCade menu that causes sequential nudging.
- Added an option to iCade menu. Now nudging option can be mapped.
- Fixed issue that causes wrong camera view in Cam Editor menu.
- Fixed issue that causes wrong values in Cam Editor menu.
- Fixed a bug on Time Machine that causes ball stuck behind moving playfield.
- Fixed targets of orange and red bonuses on Time Machine.
- Fixed ABCDEF lamps on Time Machine.
- Fixed issue on Devil Riders that causes ball stuck.
- Fixed issue on Farfalla that causes wrong flippers activation.
- Added 3 missing lamps on Locomotion.

Please let us know if you know any issue that isn't included by this list. Thank you!

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
First of all, compliments for this list, something to look forward too. Physics engine updates, glass options and dirt... now this could be very interesting. Zaccraia is already writing history!

Ok, it's not a bug, but I wrote this suggestion somewhere in a thread: when the game ends it really ends abrupt, showing the score immediately. Someone else noticed that some tables seem to have a 'game over' voice (or something). But anyway, I wonder if a game could end a bit more elegant (how do you describe something like that?!).

-Great to see there will be Touch-based Nudge!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am impressed! New table, new feature, tweaks and more. Every new patch makes the Gold membership better and better :) Keep up the good work Zolt & co!

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Great to see physics engine updates! And I'm really excited to try the new touch based nudge! Great job Zsolt! When do you think we might see the update?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah, touch based nudge was my biggest want as well. Can't wait to try it out.
Such a long list of changes. Starting to think the ASK team doesn't sleep. :D

karl

May 10, 2012
Color me impressed :D

Keep up the good work Zsolt. Looking forward to these further enhancements. That Gold membership is really paying off.

Two thumbs up

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
First of all a big thank you for all feedback, bug reports and suggestions. Of course we take them into consideration.

- Added a new iap, Playfield Dirt. It includes dirty playfield textures, as well as it will be dirtier and dirtier as ball rolls over it.
Impressive list, you guys are working pretty fast.
Please post us some screenshots.
Can't wait to try this. When do you expect the Update to be available?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Zsolt- that's amazing but don't burn yourself out! People clearly love your game and I am sure no one minds if it takes several iterations to perfect.

I am gonna have to buy a IPad now :)

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Thanks for the update Zsolt. Could you increase the ranges within custom settings to go below the current zero level (e.g. Flipper power is too high for my liking even set to zero, want to go to a lower setting). Also an option to adjust the power and sensitivity of the slingshots would be cool.
Great work again.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
I thought we already have that under elastic in physics ?

Rubber elasticity I took to be the bounce off the rubber on the flippers, which is quite a different setting. Personally i'd also like to be able to adjust the friction on the flippers the same way using different coloured rubbers does on a real table, but i'm probably asking too much. I do think the way ASK are adding customizable settings for the tables is a definite USP for them though.

night

May 18, 2012
A suggestion: ball reflection on the table. We have ball shadow, is reflection possible as well? That would make it super-realistic.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
A suggestion: ball reflection on the table. We have ball shadow, is reflection possible as well? That would make it super-realistic.

do you ever play the games? or just watch and drool at the graphics? ;)

I never notice the graphics when playing - pinball is fast and furious.

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Wow what a huge range of changes! So looking forward to these and especially the action slowed down a bit so that we can actually play the game rather just flipping madly to not loose the ball.

I've barely played TPA since I found out about ASK's Zaccaria Pinball EMU 3 weeks ago.

Just a side note, I love the attention to detail with the graphical simulation, however I'm worried that this could be taken to such extremes that it will start to affect device performance...:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.