simulation mode

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
The switch has 3 positions:

left: Arcade settings
middle: Simulation settings (+shorter flippers)
right: Custom settings (+shorter flippers)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
The switch has 3 positions:

left: Arcade settings
middle: Simulation settings (+shorter flippers)
right: Custom settings (+shorter flippers)
thank you i would have never thought there was a middle setting on that switch that was well hidden. Thank you for pointing out those shorter flippers first time i noticed that too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wish the flipper length was a user controlled option. Would be fun to play with. Maybe standard length, shorter to make it tougher, and longer for a leisurely game.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I wish the flipper length was a user controlled option. Would be fun to play with. Maybe standard length, shorter to make it tougher, and longer for a leisurely game.
Would also allow us to set for the longer ones like in arcade mode in simulation or custom modes.

night

May 18, 2012
Simulation or custom is the way to go if you want emulation of the original tables. There is a bug now that when you start Zaccaria it is in acrade mode, even if you had set it on another mode when you had your last game. So you have to set the switch manually to emu or custom when you start-up the Zaccaria app. Because emulation mode is too fast now it's best to go to custom mode. As posted by a forum member here, I use these physics settings in custom mode: 10 - 0 - 33 - 100 - 0. So far these settings I like the most, but the new update will probably give us more control and updated (better) physics.

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Simulation or custom is the way to go if you want emulation of the original tables. There is a bug now that when you start Zaccaria it is in acrade mode, even if you had set it on another mode when you had your last game. So you have to set the switch manually to emu or custom when you start-up the Zaccaria app. Because emulation mode is too fast now it's best to go to custom mode. As posted by a forum member here, I use these physics settings in custom mode: 10 - 0 - 33 - 100 - 0. So far these settings I like the most, but the new update will probably give us more control and updated (better) physics.
i noticed the ball was flying like the tables were waxed myself. i was experimenting with a variation of your settings one thing i see common is using 0 for table incline and 100 for ball frition to try and reduce speed of flying ball. i am gonna try your exact settings .

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i noticed the ball was flying like the tables were waxed myself. i was experimenting with a variation of your settings one thing i see common is using 0 for table incline and 100 for ball frition to try and reduce speed of flying ball. i am gonna try your exact settings .
thats what i have been trying to acheive those settings are perfect EXCEPT for those short flippers .

night

May 18, 2012
thats what i have been trying to acheive those settings are perfect EXCEPT for those short flippers .

I know that the flippers where too long in the first 2 versions, on Time Machine, etc. the gap was to narrow, but now it seems good (In simulation/custom mode).
The custom settings make the games more playable, but simulation mode is now too extreme and makes me feel like I suck harder at playing pinball than I normally do. :)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I know that the flippers where too long in the first 2 versions, on Time Machine, etc. the gap was to narrow, but now it seems good (In simulation/custom mode).
The custom settings make the games more playable, but simulation mode is now too extreme and makes me feel like I suck harder at playing pinball than I normally do. :)
this is interesting. I looked up time machine on the pinball data base and some strange mysteries came up. There were images of the playfield and in two different images the white center flippers appeared to be on different angles. One image looked like the arcade setting. The second image the center flippers appeared on a more downward angle making them appear to be shorter. Then there is the mystery of the blue flippers. The pinball data base said something about them having "wings" to stop the ball from draining if you try to catch or capture it. Whatever the case may be i know for sure i am getting more drains on the "shorter" flippers therefore i best be careful what i wish for. Hopefully the coming update i can use the limit ball speed to help with these issues.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts