PC - Request PC wish list

Flugan

Apr 13, 2012
I'm hoping using a high end PC would enable 120fps vsync gameplay at 1080p in both normal and pivot resolution. The point of having a 120hz monitor is to display 120 unique frames per second.

On a separate note it would be really nice if some effort was made to support 3D Vision well as that would make it even more realistic.

The last thing that is probably not on the roadmap is tesselation to increase geometry detail.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
If access to operator's menu is too much to ask, then maybe "just" championship settings: no extra balls, tilt always on, goals are harder to reach, etc. Come on Farsight, how hard is it to tweak some variables and add an extra menu setting?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
- Ability to disable plunger camera
- Being able to lock a Full-screen view ourselves using a roaming camera (so we can choose a preferred layback type view)
- Be able to launch a table from command-line
- Configurable keys (for the menus too).
- 2/3 monitor support

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
If nothing else, please put the backglass on the second monitor! Maybe you could put out some PC only tables for games with heavy backglass gimmicks/elements.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I want an editor to create our own tables
Not necessarily this, but the ability to tweak the physics variables, even if it's within a limited range to prevent cheating, would be a godsend. That way we can test out the best ones, share them (hopefully) for implementation across all platforms.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
- Ability to disable plunger camera
- Being able to lock a Full-screen view ourselves using a roaming camera (so we can choose a preferred layback type view)
- Be able to launch a table from command-line
- Configurable keys (for the menus too).
- 2/3 monitor support

You are wise.

DMD/LEDWiz support would be incredible too.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
Actually, you know what would be awesome? If the PC/Mac version linked in with the iOS/Android version for a second display, for backglasses or other gimmicks. Imagine playing Black Hole, play field on the big LCD and the backglass/score/gimmicks on the iPad.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Actually, you know what would be awesome? If the PC/Mac version linked in with the iOS/Android version for a second display, for backglasses or other gimmicks. Imagine playing Black Hole, play field on the big LCD and the backglass/score/gimmicks on the iPad.
That would be AMAZING. Highly unlikely, but would still be awesome. Just sit your iPhone on top of your PC monitor for better realism!

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
i highly doubt they are going to give us as much control as we would have in VP with lled and all that, but at the very least i would hope to have the portrait view of the cell phones with support for a back glass in a second display.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I'd like to be able to Load directly into a specific table using the command line. That way I could integrate the Pinball arcade into my frontend seamlessly.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
An announcement of a release date. Or progress. Or decision on distribution method.

Or anything, really.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Just found out about this superb home build cabinet project (apologies if its been posted already) - But "wow"...Lovely job:

http://imgur.com/a/tAId9

That is a well build cabinet, but mine is made out of an real Goldeneye pinball cabinet. I wanted it to feel as realistic as possible. My cabinet has a lot more features too, like contactors to make the flippers really thunk, cree leds that light up with the game, a shaker motor, a free game knocker, and a real LED DMD. My cabinet isn't even close to the best though. If you want to see some really awesome cabinets, check here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?38-HyperPin-Cabinet-Forum

I really hope that the PC version will support all the cool stuff I put in my cabinet, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as I can play full screen on two monitors, open tables from the command line, and use my plunger and shake detection set up, I will be happy. I had suggested that they do a kick starter project for a cabinet version, but I know that too is a long shot. If they just make an API that let's us interact with the game through code, I bet the cabinet community would do the rest.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Only a request: support for controllers, like the X360 standard one. I love playing on my TV :D

Yes please. Playing Pinball Arcade on the PS3 with it's controller, I can't see nudging working that great on a keyboard. Definitely need support for the XBOX controller on the PC.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
My wishes are going to be simple.

I want graphical options settings, screen resoloution , HDR , bloom effects, the works . None of this one setting that cant be changed horsepuckey that is often seen with lazy ports .

The PC version should have optimised sound , again since nothing has to be compressed for file space , the PC version can be everything the consoles versions cannot be.

The PC version should have a table only view , this camera view will allow Virtual pin builders to use it to recreate a VP table , that means no posters and no cabinet frames , the screen is one giant playfield view with a static camera view .

Multiplayer on PC should not be that hard to emulate , consider adding VOIP so we can chat socially over microphones while doing 2 VS 2 pinball tourneys or whatever.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Controller support please. I hate playing pinball with a keyboard. Oh, and don't make it '360 controller only.' Not everyone has one of those. I have an actual PC controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.