Zen Flipper Delay

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I don't know if this has been covered before as I've only just downloaded Zen to my IPhone. Noticed that the delay from hitting screen to actual flip is horrible. I've heard of the problems on PS3 with the 1080p but this is the 1st time I've experienced it. I don't know how anyone could play a table with this sort of delay. I will not be buying any tables on IPhone.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I don't know if this has been covered before as I've only just downloaded Zen to my IPhone. Noticed that the delay from hitting screen to actual flip is horrible. I've heard of the problems on PS3 with the 1080p but this is the 1st time I've experienced it. I don't know how anyone could play a table with this sort of delay. I will not be buying any tables on IPhone.

Must be device (iPhone) related - no flipper lag on either my Nexus 7 or xbox360 (preferred Zen platform).
I'd imagine it's nearly impossible to see anything on an iPhone anyway, they aren't the biggest screens.

Try the Zen forum, if it is for sale for but won't work on your device, they'll most likely refund your purchase. They are incredibly helpful on that forum.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Must be device (iPhone) related - no flipper lag on either my Nexus 7 or xbox360 (preferred Zen platform).
I'd imagine it's nearly impossible to see anything on an iPhone anyway, they aren't the biggest screens.

Try the Zen forum, if it is for sale for but won't work on your device, they'll most likely refund your purchase. They are incredibly helpful on that forum.

I've only got the free table, thought I'd check it out. I prefer to play on PS3 but a free table is worth every penny. Will probably still play that table just won't be spending any dough on them. I've always thought that the phone was too small to play on and can't believe that tables are the same price as consoles, (TPA, Zen, etc). You just don't get the involvement on a phone as you do a console.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 and installed Zen. I own all their tables on iOS but my old 3GS wouldn't play it well (veeery jerky). I've never had this problem on 360, iPad 2, and iPhone 5.

It seems that Zen is compatible with older phones, but basically unplayable.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 and installed Zen. I own all their tables on iOS but my old 3GS wouldn't play it well (veeery jerky). I've never had this problem on 360, iPad 2, and iPhone 5.

It seems that Zen is compatible with older phones, but basically unplayable.

This just emphasises the fact that these games should not be priced the same on a phone as they are on a console. I think it's ridiculous that company's get away with this. I suppose as long as people are willing to fork out for these games, the company's will charge what they like.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This just emphasises the fact that these games should not be priced the same on a phone as they are on a console. I think it's ridiculous that company's get away with this. I suppose as long as people are willing to fork out for these games, the company's will charge what they like.

I don't know if the structures different where you are, or if IOS pricing is different to Android, but I'm in the UK, and my last Android table was £0.66 for Shaman. That is dirt cheap (and includes operator settings) compared to Farsight.

Using an N7, the only difference in quality between console and mobile, is no upward nudge. Graphics actually look slightly better on mobile than xbox, but I do favour the xbox for Zen.

Xbox360 tables are either 200 or 250ms points per table or 800 for a 4 pack. I treated myself a couple of weeks back and snapped up the remainders in a sale so have the full set on Android and Xbox now.
Sale prices half the console costs when active.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts