Did you see that? Thx Gord

N

netizen

After a couple threads on "What do theses abbreviations mean?' across several topics it seems our fearless board admin has instituted a similar mod to what Pinside has.

Now just entering the abbreviation generates a tooltip to assist anyone not familiar with things.

EG: In PHOF FS release a bunch of tables that are now being re-released in TPA. SShtl is one of the more recent ones. It was released in a table pack with WH20.

Just hover over the highlighted abbreviation to get a tooltip that will tell you what that gibberish means.

Thanks Gord!!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
That's a great idea. The one on Pinside has some errors too- sometimes when people write "Shadow" in another context, it links to the game, etc.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, it's just doing a find/replace, so it's never going to be perfect. I can always remove some if they cause problems. I didn't link actual words like "Genie" or "Taxi," because it's pretty obvious what people are talking about.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, that's what it was meant to be, but the problem is that ALL the instances of "to" (like the one between "meant" and "be" in this sentence) were being linked. There's not a way for it to look at uppercase, or lowercase and only link if things are uppercase, so I removed the link.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts