New XBox

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
So we are in the final hours before the reveal of Microsoft's new console. Anyone interested?

Have to say, I'm really struggling to be motivated on this one.

I think PS4 has already won me over.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Pretty sure I won't buy one, but I'm always curious about what new gimmicks these companies come up with.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't use my 360 much any more, but I'll probably get a PS4 eventually (gotta have my MLB The Show).

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, don't know what it is but there seems to be a general lack of interest at the minute. Perhaps that will change a bit tomorrow...

I get the feeling that Sony are really coming all guns blazing with their next console and specifically aiming for the more traditional gamer, rather than the casual player. We'll see what Microsoft pull out tomorrow, I think they now have it all to do.

If they focus on the next Kinect and this Illumiroom thing, I think that just wont be enough for a lot of punters. And if the 'always online' thing doesn't get quashed...

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I think most people now know in year, there will be a price drop and any bugs will be worked out. I know I'll probably wait at least a year. I learned my lesson with the first gen 360. No wifi, no HDMI, and 3 RRoD's.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
given the current climate and lack of tech progress - I don't think this next gen will be particularly well received. This gen will likely be more of a sidestep into other areas rather than a hardcore gaming machine (we need another tech revolution before that happens again).

I certainly won't be an early adopter for either of the new offerings.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Guess I'm one of the few here, but I'm really excited to see what MS has in store for the next Xbox. Just hope they really concentrate on making the downloadable game process more friendly for developers. Less than 10 minutes to the reveal!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They're calling it the "Xbox One"? Sigh.....thats even more confusing than Apple's naming system for iPads. :/

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm curious to see what they announce, but there is no way in hell I'm buying an Xbox. It'll be a long while before I step up to a PS4 too, so to me this is all about watching 2 companies push each other in what and how they offer things.

As for Xbox One being the name, yeah kinda weak. Reminds me that a lot of people were pushing for the Wii U to just be named 'Nintendo'. It's how everyone refers to the system anyways, so go with it? But Sony already had the PSOne when it got revamped, so I guess MS wants to go the same route? It is funny that they lead with it being a cable box, not a game machine.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I was actually quite impressed with what they showed. People are complaining about the lack of games shown, but leading up to this event they have been saying that the reveal was going to be in two parts: This one, which would be focused on the machine itself, and the E3 presentation which will be heavily focused on the games. The only thing that sours me on the whole thing is the lack of backwards compatibility. I kind of expected it, but there were rumors that there would be a new, bare-bones version of the 360 that would connect to the new Xbox and allow you to play games through the new Xbox's interface.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow. Could they have made something that had even less design put into it? I mean, there is nothing sexy about the way that thing looks!

And always on, camera and mic, hooked up to the internet. Creepy.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Not impressed with any of this. Microsoft aren't revealing anything but a black brick and a poorly redesigned controller.

Xbox 1 - Sony 2 ... (and then some)

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Poorly redesigned controller? They've taken the 360 controller, which is widely considered to be one of the best controllers ever made and addressed the major complaints about it, namely the poor d-pad, and made some overall improvements.

Oh well, guess I'm in the minority about being much more impressed with what Microsoft had to show then with what I've seen of the PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts