Pre-selecting illusions

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
According to the table instructions you can select which illusion is selected before launching the ball with the left flipper. I can't get this to work, before launching the ball you have the off table launch plunger view with no control over the flippers and you can't even see the illusion select panel on the table. Am I missunderstanding something here?

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I think it's just a poor design for touch screens. I bet it would work on the PC/console versions where there are dedicated buttons for flippers, plunger, etc. But like you said, you can't see the playfield anyways, so you wouldn't know what you're choosing. Hopefully this is something that will get addressed.

Ben Thebear

Feb 22, 2012
Agreed, this needs to be fixed. It also says in the instructions that if you hold the left flipper before you press the start button you'll get digital pinball on your first visit to the basement, which doesn't work. Also the DMD will show the buy-in high scores even though there's no way to buy in for an extra ball.

eric

Feb 28, 2012
i activated the instant digital pinball mode somehow but didnt know how i did it.

also, i get the Mortal Kombat 3 hints mode fairly frequently.. i tap the screen a lot as im starting the game.. impatient.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Eric is right! If you press the start button then immediately hold down the left side of the screen it will start the game with digital pinball ready! Hold the right side for MK codes.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
If you wait before you put the ball in play, you can go through a cycle of varying skillshot trunk bonuses, x2, 10 million, 20 million, start illusion etc. I presume it's not this you're talking about?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Only bad thing is that digital pinball is only for points and not extra ball. But it is a great way to knock that wizard goal out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Only bad thing is that digital pinball is only for points and not extra ball. But it is a great way to knock that wizard goal out.

I think you mean "credits" and not "extra ball" cause extra balls are instrumental in topping high scores. Extra credits are useless unless FarSight allows us to use them for "buy-in" in the future.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
During one game the basement gave me Digital Pinball twice in a row, both times I got an extra ball.. :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think you mean "credits" and not "extra ball" cause extra balls are instrumental in topping high scores. Extra credits are useless unless FarSight allows us to use them for "buy-in" in the future.

No, let me clarify. I meant to say if you pre select digital pinball, you are going for extra points ONLY. It will not ever award extra ball. Thus it's a great option to use to beat the farsight wizard goal but if you are going for high score and wizard mode (grand finale) then you need to hit the trap door and beat video mode without having activated digital pinball at startup.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No, let me clarify. I meant to say if you pre select digital pinball, you are going for extra points ONLY. It will not ever award extra ball. Thus it's a great option to use to beat the farsight wizard goal but if you are going for high score and wizard mode (grand finale) then you need to hit the trap door and beat video mode without having activated digital pinball at startup.

Thanks for clarifying that for me...I must have misunderstood you.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I tend to either ramble on so long that my posts lose everyone or they are too concise and leave out clarity and detail! :p

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If you wait before you put the ball in play, you can go through a cycle of varying skillshot trunk bonuses, x2, 10 million, 20 million, start illusion etc. I presume it's not this you're talking about?

No, from the table instructions under starting illusions ' before you launch the ball, you can set which illusion is lit by pressing the left flipper '

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I was just coming on here to ask what the mortal combat 3 codes thing is. The iPad kinda slipped in my hands then I heard "congratulations!" I had no idea how I did it. Thanks for the info.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was just coming on here to ask what the mortal combat 3 codes thing is. The iPad kinda slipped in my hands then I heard "congratulations!" I had no idea how I did it. Thanks for the info.

When you activate this feature, it displays random codes for Mortal Kombat 3 on the display as you spell T-H-E-A-T-R-E. It's activated by holding down the right flipper immediately after pressing the start button.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I never figured out what the Kombat Kodes ever did on Mortal Kombat. Never was too into Mortal Kombat but I remember trying to mess around with the codes from ToM and never really knew what to do with them properly. Anyone ever figure these out?

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
No, from the table instructions under starting illusions ' before you launch the ball, you can set which illusion is lit by pressing the left flipper '

I'm struggling to understand how you change the illusion. After hitting the trunk enough times to allow the ball to be deposited in it, I have no option to choose the illusion with my flipper button.

The illusion just seems to change randomly. I guess I'm doing something wrong but it's making it really hard work for me to get to the grand finale.

Thanks for any help.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm struggling to understand how you change the illusion. After hitting the trunk enough times to allow the ball to be deposited in it, I have no option to choose the illusion with my flipper button.

The illusion just seems to change randomly. I guess I'm doing something wrong but it's making it really hard work for me to get to the grand finale.

Thanks for any help.
You hit the left flipper to choose the illusion before you plunge the ball (i.e., while the DMD is showing the hat and offering you the skill shot choices). Once the ball is in play, the illusion will change whenever the ball hits a slingshot or jet bumper.

If you're going for the Grand Finale, you have to play all 8 illusions anyway. The trunk will never start an illusion you've already played until you've started all 8, so it really doesn't matter whether you choose illusions or just take whichever one is lit.

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
You hit the left flipper to choose the illusion before you plunge the ball (i.e., while the DMD is showing the hat and offering you the skill shot choices). Once the ball is in play, the illusion will change whenever the ball hits a slingshot or jet bumper.

If you're going for the Grand Finale, you have to play all 8 illusions anyway. The trunk will never start an illusion you've already played until you've started all 8, so it really doesn't matter whether you choose illusions or just take whichever one is lit.

Thanks for the fast reply :) Good to hear you don't replay the same illusions until after the Grand Finale. Guess I'll just stick with it :) I managed to get 6 illusions and the 3 other GF prerequisites done earlier.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.