Beta 1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok here she is: http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity29.apk

Took me longer to get Amazon out the door so I figured I would give you guys the build as is while I implement front nudge, invert nudge, event camera toggle etc.

Fixes:

-All time ranking screen introduced to rank a user for the last 6 tournaments (server side script still being written so the only score in there is dummy data)
-New season pack/pass flow has been introduced.
-Auto pause fixed for when the app loses focus (phone call etc).
-whats new screen, continue button was covering text in landscape, this was moved down.
-cancel button fixed on the download screen.
-fixed a bug that might have cause the rare download loop due to thread timing.
-Fixed a bug where an orphaned file was confusing the file manager.
-Fixed a bug where files were not being closed properly (this could possibly cause hitches after a lot of menu navigation).
-Fixed a bug where tmp files were not being deleted when a download was canceled/failed.

Some background fixes you won't notice
-All leaderboard interaction is now using a secure method of posting scores, we hope this will tighten security.
-Some tournament strings are now hosted on the database so that we can change the rules text to award different prizes without an update to the apk.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Really happy with the look of the plungers on both tables.

Looks like the bottom of the sun is cut off in bot

etamme

Jan 10, 2013
yeah - seems jaggy on my N10 for pinbot. rebooting it to see if its any better on a "clean start"

Edit:

Reboot didn't seem to help at all - plays a lot like RBION.

Pinbot seems to play smoothly on my GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock).

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
atlasing issue, I knew I was forgetting something. Let me test it real quick and I will upload a new table file.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I felt like there was a very minor framerate issue on a N7 on both tables when it scrolled up once in a while. Also why is season 2 10 bucks more?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
When you complete the free version up to the score limit, quit table quits the entire app.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
hmm I will forward this onto the art dept, perhaps its an emulation issue there isn't too much on these tables. And no clue on the price, newer?

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
Wow, both new tables are very slow on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Centaur is better of two, but very slow compared to Space Shuttle..

etamme

Jan 10, 2013
atlasing issue, I knew I was forgetting something. Let me test it real quick and I will upload a new table file.

Honestly - I can't say I have ever had such a fantastic experience with any company. Direct access, excellent communication, quick feedback, and a great product. Thank you and everyone at FarSight for being awesome.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I only have Bride of Pinbot left to buy from season 1, I was saving it for a rainy day, but now it's 4.99 $ and can only be bought with MM which I already have...if the old tables can't be bought as singles anymore there will be a storm of unhappy people to say the least :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Any reason why nudging has been inverted?
That's the way it always should have been. Nudge on the right side to move the machine left (and therefore move the ball right). However, after a year of playing TPA with the "wrong" nudging, I've found I can't play it "right" anymore.

In the table options menu there should be an option for Invert Nudge that you can change to make it go back to the way it was. If it's not there, then Ryan hasn't implemented it yet for Android.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The message is wrong but it should allow you to just buy the table.

I only have Bride of Pinbot left to buy from season 1, I was saving it for a rainy day, but now it's 4.99 $ and can only be bought with MM which I already have...if the old tables can't be bought as singles anymore there will be a storm of unhappy people to say the least :)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok we are going to take a stab at the performance issues, should just be a rez change, ill let you guys know when to delete and re-download the file. Thanks for the feedback =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts