Farsight working to get patches to Sony versions?

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Hello, been a while since I last posted, still waiting/hoping for the Vita version of TPA will get fixed.

The Season 1 bundle now being offered (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/21/the-pinball-arcade-season-one-bundle-18-tables-29-99/) looks very tempting, but the issues that have been dogging the Vita version still has me wary.

On the TPA Facebook page, I did see this reply to a post that has me hopeful:

The Pinball Arcade: Nothing in the new patch should have added any bugs, all this patch contained is the addition of the season 1 bundle purchase and some minor menu tweaks. As far as past bugs, we have been working with Sony on a way to patch our already released tables, which up until now has been impossible on Sony platforms (they have a policy disallowing the changing of DLC).

If this is sincere, hopefully the Vita version will see significant improvements. I will keep watching these forums...and hoping.:cool:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Good catch! I read the first half of that comment of theirs (permalink is here) but skipped the second half, which is the exciting part! Hopefully they come up with something.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
You should post this thing in the PS3 section too. I would be 100% happy if they would just say it was possible to fix some of this stuff. Glad to hear they are working toward a fix.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
That was actually in response to my post about the new 2.11 Leaderboard friend sorting bug.

They can deny it all they want, but I'm not the only person with this new 2.11 bug.

Also, if anyone else has noticed this bug PLEASE reply here.
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Leaderboards-is-BROKEN-(video-demo-included)

Otherwise they will do nothing to fix it.

The reply we're quoting--here's that link again for you--is in response to a post that does not mention the leaderboard, it just rants vaguely about a "fear of adding even more bugs." So I dunno if I'd read too much into this particular comment re: the leaderboard thing.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So if this becomes an option for Farsight to fix older DLC tables, what do you think will be addressed?
Also, does anyone have a master list of all the current bugs and other issues?

What I would love to see more than just about anything else is a way to make these tables brighter.
I know a day/night slider was mentioned nearly a year ago, but we've heard nothing else on this.

I think some of us forget just how dark and muted some of the playfields look. Pop in WPHOF, if you have it, and check out tables like Black Knight, Gorgar, & Medieval Madness. As much as I like the upgraded ball physics and other tweaks I miss seeing all of the table detail with perfect lighting.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I don't see a day/night slider happening until they have actual dynamic table-wide lighting, ie the kind of lighting system Bobby talked about looking into for PS4. Under their current system even just having day/night schemes, not even a slider, would at least double the time it takes to light the table...and probably require texture tweaks and additional textures since they almost certainly fake lighting with textures in a light of ways. And additional textures could screw up their memory limit on some platforms... Just don't see them being able to pull it off with their current lighting system, and don't see them trying to implement a dynamic lighting system on the hardware platforms they currently support--PC will probably be shifted over eventually, though.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't see a day/night slider happening until they have actual dynamic table-wide lighting, ie the kind of lighting system Bobby talked about looking into for PS4. Under their current system even just having day/night schemes, not even a slider, would at least double the time it takes to light the table...and probably require texture tweaks and additional textures since they almost certainly fake lighting with textures in a light of ways. And additional textures could screw up their memory limit on some platforms... Just don't see them being able to pull it off with their current lighting system, and don't see them trying to implement a dynamic lighting system on the hardware platforms they currently support--PC will probably be shifted over eventually, though.

I'd be happy with a texture swap.

The original 4 tables used to be bright and vivid, but at some point they changed them.
Some tables seem to have more attention paid to detail such as Bride of Pin*Bot, Gorgar, and TOtAN, and look pretty good with the "night mode" lighting, but others come across as muddy, muted, and way too dark (Harley Davidson, Black Night, Medieval Madness, Taxi).

Like I mentioned, you forgt just how dark these tables have become until you play WPHOF, or check out the other ports.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3824-High-Resolution-Ipad-Screenshots-Thread
The iOS versions appear to be "daytime tables". I'd love to see this in 1080p with higher quality textures.

Browsing those pics after playing all of the tables this last week I said to myself, "Oh... That's how the tables look with lights turned on!"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
:eek: I wasn't aware we lost so many details because of the PS3 "night mode"! The difference is HUGE on some tables (CV, TOM)!

Yes, and those are two of the best looking tables on the PS3. If FarSight ever comes up with a day/night slider, great. Otherwise, this is the Pinball ARCADE. Real arcades have very little ambient lighting.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
We've been through this on other threads but its all about preference.... Do you want to see flashing lights and other effects or do you want to clearly see the table artwork with correct colors and lighting. I'm not sure there is a clear answer to that, which is why we will need a way to get both.

I honestly wish, instead of Pro mode, they gave us "Day Mode" and let us play in the day light.
That I WOULD pay $3 more for.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
We've been through this on other threads but its all about preference.... Do you want to see flashing lights and other effects or do you want to clearly see the table artwork with correct colors and lighting. I'm not sure there is a clear answer to that, which is why we will need a way to get both.

Yep, that's a big dilemma. But for now, I would say that I prefer night mode, even if we lose some details. On some tables, it adds visual impact, on others, it has no purpose.

After seeing Centaur table video on Xbox360, I was thinking: "Hmmm, I'd like to see how it will look with night mode activated!"

Sporadik

Nov 12, 2012
Yep.

I'm not buying anymore tables either. I feel ripped off. Many became unplayable after updates. I supported them up to Dr. Dude, but no more. When people have a better version on a phone than a dedicated powerful game device I have an issue with that. Not cool:(

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yep.

I'm not buying anymore tables either. I feel ripped off. Many became unplayable after updates. I supported them up to Dr. Dude, but no more. When people have a better version on a phone than a dedicated powerful game device I have an issue with that. Not cool:(

That's because we were ripped off.

I quit buying packs for the Vita and deleted it. I also stopped buying or supporting the product on the iPad and PS3 as well. I chipped in $50 on the kickstarter, but if I had known how ****ty they were going to treat their customers I never would have.
There's absolutely no way I will be buying the PC version anymore, they can keep the table and burn the code they owe me for that version.

Trowel

Feb 20, 2013
Update is out and Dr Dude is now playable.Feels as though Medieval Madness might also be a little smoother too, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part. Thanks Farsight.

However... see the other thread about friends' scores... :mad:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Yep.

There is a lot more to it then that and all you have to do is listen to the Bobby King interviews that he did with Jeff from here. There is too much red tape involved with the consoles and unless there is a Pinball Arcade 2 or 2.1 whatever they call it, all these issues will not be addressed. Personally I've switched over to Android and I'm happy with the way everything runs on there as far as updates, beta testing etc go all these things make it a great platform for TPA. Stopped buying tables for PS3 after the table pack with Genie and Attack From Mars I will buy Season #2 for PS3 if everything is fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts