TPA + Samsung Galaxy S4 (int. edition) + Sixaxis Controller App

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
Hi. First off, I LOOOVE this game. Fantastic recreations, and highly addictive tables. :)

For other S4 owners, I was wondering if any of you have successfully managed to use
the SixAxis Controller Application with TPA (that would also mean in general)?
This question is not necessarily tied to this game, but more so if you've managed to
use SixAxis with an original PS3 controller with the touch screen mapping?

It worked with my former S3, but not with the S4. This made it possible to enjoy TPA
wirelessly with a PS3 controller.

On a sidenote though, I cannot wait until FS implements gamepad support (even if that
means wired (with OTG USB cable)).

Still, I'm very happy with TPA. It's by far my best purchase for the Android platform in
its entirety. I stumbled upon Pinball Arcade two weeks ago (go figure; must've lived
under a rock or something), and have already purchased all the tables!

Pure awesomesauce!

-INTELi7

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Try first of all the test version, so you can ensure, that your Tablett and your controller are ready. A lot of non original controller shouldn't work. Also your Tab must be rooted.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I use sixaxis with an N7 and it was awesome, but last night's beta kinda broke things by reversing the touch nudge areas.
Now due to existing bug of cradle and nudge on same side of screen causes flipper coil to pulse, it's not good, but hopefully will be fixed with an invert nudge option next few days.

How does TPA play on the S4 generally, using touch or shake nudge? Is performance ok? Also do 'air gestures' affect touchscreen play? - had visions of flipping unintentionally.
I might pick one is all, and would appreciate anyone's views who have one.

Last edited:

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
Thanks for your comments guys. :)

@Mad07 I tried the compatibility checker, and it said the S4 wasn't compatible. However, I can use my PS3 controller (original, belonging to my PS3 system) fine in games that has support for gamepads. And with a wired connection (with the OTG) you wouldn't need the SixAxis application per se, but I can play games with native gamepad support wirelessly. Which means that SixAxis must "see" my PS3 controller to some degree. I just can't use the touch screen mapping (and that is the heart of the application). I guess the developer must find out why and release an update. My S4 is also rooted btw.

@Baron Rubik I'm using shake nudge (as I prefer to play it that way) and it works very well I think. The sensitivity is correctly balanced (at least to me, perhaps not to others), and every table I've played this far (including the two newest ones) plays smooth as butter on the S4. I must mention that I own the GT-I9505 (that's the european Quad Core 1,9 GHz) version. The air gestures you mentioned does not interfere with the game in the slighteset. I recall I read a thread here yesterday about other S4 owners getting fluctuating framerate on the two newest tables. Perhaps they own the US version (GT-I9500). I don't know. However, I'm very pleased with the S4. It's extremely powerful and I love the screen as well as the flexibility of the software/platform. I can recommend it wholeheartedly. ;)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks INTELi7. I'm UK based, and I think you've just made my mind up for me, S4 it is.
I'll leave it till June though, see if prices come down a touch.
Thanks again.

Try emailing sixaxis developer Erlend though @ dancingpixelstudios@gmail.com
He's very helpful and takes comments/requests on board.
I already emailed him this week to see about getting diagonal d-pad buttons added for touch mapping with TPA's soon coming diagonal nudge options.

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
I'm glad I could be of assistance to you Baron Rubik. :) You won't regret the "investment". And thank you for the contact e-mail. I also hope your request for added functionality towards diagonal nudging will be filled. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Look what update just pinged up in the play strore.
Sixaxis is fixed for Samsung S4.
qa7aqage.jpg

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
Baron : Thank you so much for this fantastic notification! Just updated, and it works! My goodness. It really adds a new dimension to playing these tables on the S4. I was really waiting for this. Thanks for informing me. ;-) <3

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Baron : Thank you so much for this fantastic notification! Just updated, and it works! My goodness. It really adds a new dimension to playing these tables on the S4. I was really waiting for this. Thanks for informing me. ;-) <3

It is an awesome app, and hopefully this week TPA will get nudge up and diagonals. New beta - fingers crossed. Really glad you're enjoying it.
As always, thanks to the dev's - don't forget to give Erlend a big 5 stars and nice write up in the Play Store.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.