Enhanced version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation table on PS4 to be shown at E3

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
From the latest TPA Newsletter:

We are honored to be included as part of Sony's booth at E3 this year.
We will be showing an enhanced version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation table on PS4. With next gen real-time lighting and reflections,
the Pinball Arcade is going to look amazing! Please come by and check us out if you're in town for the big show.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Last year they had a lot of videos available right through the PS Store so hopefully we get to same thing this year. I really want to see what the PS4 version looks like too.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So is this what Farsight is using for the PC version of this game?

If so, then sweetness :D (Can't wait to see the show!)

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
So excited to see STTNG on PS4. Despite the hater thread nearby, I imagine that PS4 will have a 1TB HDD and allow the use of an external HDD for more storage if needed (like Wii U and Xbox Worst Name Ever... er, Xbox One), and other than HDD space I've had no issues with my launch 60GB PS3 (knock on wood), so once they confirm that, and TPA for PS4 launch I'll be ready to Preorder.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So excited to see STTNG on PS4. Despite the hater thread nearby, I imagine that PS4 will have a 1TB HDD and allow the use of an external HDD for more storage if needed (like Wii U and Xbox Worst Name Ever... er, Xbox One), and other than HDD space I've had no issues with my launch 60GB PS3 (knock on wood), so once they confirm that, and TPA for PS4 launch I'll be ready to Preorder.

If you have storage issues just upgrade the HDD. I've got a 1TB drive in mine. I never think about storage space anymore!

karl

May 10, 2012
Can't wait to see the ps4 version in action. As always I have yet to receive the newsletter :(

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Assuming that the PC version won't include the improved graphics that the ps4 will have (at launch), I wouldn't be surprised to see those features make their way to the pc in the near future, because the next gen consoles ARE PCs that just have special hardware designed specifically for gaming. Those graphics options could be built in to the same engine but just be enabled/disabled for certain platforms. Of course, the PC should have the ability to enable all of the graphics options assuming your system can handle them.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to seeing what FS has for the PS4, and I hope that if they won't be in the PC version at launch, they'll make their way soon after.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
There's absolutely no reason a PC couldn't run the more advanced lighting/rendering/physics engine.

We have multiple CPU cores available, oodles of RAM and multiple GPUs.

Consoles are out of date before they're even released.

I also think that the PC should be the lead development platform due to the ease of rolling out BETAs and the processing power available for higher-resolution modelling.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
There's absolutely no reason a PC couldn't run the more advanced lighting/rendering/physics engine.

I also think that the PC should be the lead development platform due to the ease of rolling out BETAs and the processing power available for higher-resolution modelling.

Didn't Mike Reitmeyer confirm this? Would make sense, since the 360 is becoming ancient...

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Xbox/PC is practically the same in terms of APIs anyway, Xbox just utilises a gimped version of DirectX9 (or is it 8?).

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Please let this mean game-controlled general illumination support. TPA is ace but some of the tables really lose a lot of their impact without the full lighting effects.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Carl, I couldn't agree more.

FarSight, please give us PC users the same level of tech being developed for next-gen consoles. If the PC is to become the new high-end development platform, why wouldn't the PC release contain options for all of the rendering tech being utilised for PS4?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

+1

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.