Request BATMAN (1991)

pahumaran

Apr 2, 2013
REQUEST - BATMAN (Data East 1991)

2h7hpj6.jpg

We were lucky to see this magnificent table? :)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I used to own this table, and loved it, but i don't think its overly popular and would probably need a kickstarter to fund it due to all the licenses tied to it. So sadly i doubt we will ever see this in TPA, which is a damn shame as this table is getting harder and harder to find now, and a time will come where you wont be able to play one for love or money...much like many other pinball table i guess. Just a shame that every table cant be immortalized in TPA :(

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Kind of a shame licenced tables cost so much. Sad some people would rather have no money instead of somewhat less than they think they are worth.
Wish they could just get by on % of the profit for that specific table than some insane fee.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Gotta agree, big license and a not so popular game make DE Batman a near impossibility. Not one of the better DE games in my opinion, but not the worst either.

pahumaran

Apr 2, 2013
Not if Farsight Studios can take licenses from Data East because this manufacturer has very good tables.
Do not forget: Jurassic Park (1993),Tales from the Crypt (1993),Back to the Future (1990),The Simpsons (1990),Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)....etc!!! : Cool:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I imagine it's a (super) long shot, BUT, I still think FS should try to hook up with DC and get the rights to do all the Batman tables as a counterpoint to Zen's Marvel tables (and I think selling it that way to them is the only way they'd have a chance of getting an even halfway decent deal out of DC and their corporate masters). Come on FS, play the "keeping up with Joneses" card on 'em!

N

netizen

the license to the Batman table is held by whomever manufactured it though, it was issued by DC and WB to the manufacturer and has issues of likenesses with the actors from the movie.

Zen Marvel tables are original and only needed the license from Marvel for the name and image of the characters.

TPA has to get licenses for everything to re-create the original table, it's not just the Batman name and logo. This is why some machines will be cheap, and some will be beyond the likelihood of ever being done.

Isn't copyright such a cool thing?

IHaveTheMagic

Mar 7, 2012
I just bought this machine this weekend. I probably overpaid for it as I bought it sight unseen. The cabinet is nice, all the boards, lamps, switches, and sound all work great. All the playfield ramps and toys are all pretty nice with nothing broken. But the backglass is flaking bad with big cracks and the playfield is a horrible mess with big swatches of artwork worn down to the wood or peeling up. The game itself is pretty easy and not very deep but as a Batman fan, especially of the first movie, the sound and artwork are pretty awesome and worth the price of admission.

Extra bonus is the advertisement it plays for Star Trek during attract mode. How cool is it to hear the ST theme and see the Enterprise fly across the DMD? Cool machine but never going to make it into TPA because of the licensing. From what I read on Pinside finding one in any decent kind of condition is getting close to impossible as the playfield construction at the time was pretty weak. If you see one IRL, give it a play. Might not get another chance as nobody is rushing to restore this machine lol.

pahumaran

Apr 2, 2013
I congratulate you on your purchase, you will surely be entertained for a long time. I juge much to this pinball in my youth but here where I live (Tucuman - Argentina) and no places to play, I must settle for virtual pinball, TPA and other ...: Cool:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
A buddy of mine played this table back in the day and could hit that center ramp for what seemed like hours.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
the license to the Batman table is held by whomever manufactured it though, it was issued by DC and WB to the manufacturer and has issues of likenesses with the actors from the movie.

Zen Marvel tables are original and only needed the license from Marvel for the name and image of the characters.

TPA has to get licenses for everything to re-create the original table, it's not just the Batman name and logo. This is why some machines will be cheap, and some will be beyond the likelihood of ever being done.

Isn't copyright such a cool thing?

Yeah, I know all of this. BUT, if you can't get through the door at DC/WB the rest doesn't matter, now does it?

Shinobi100

Apr 13, 2012
"What are you??" "I'm Batman...by Data East 1991"

"Twilight Zone table terrorizes...Wait till they get a load of me!"

"Where does Data East get those wonderful toys?"

"It can be truly said that I have silver balls in my belfry. Shall we play?"

Members online

Members online