Atari pins

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It seems that Atari is liquidating assets/game franchises. Does anyone know where the rights for the Atari pinball machines currently reside? What are the chances of Atari pinball machines coming to TPA?

There are some historically significat tables, for instance "The Atarians" was the "First Solid State widebody game" or "Hercules" considered "the largest pinball machine ever made".

night

May 18, 2012
I most definitely hope ASK Homework will be doing these tables some day for a change. They are already doing such a marvelous job on the Zaccaria tables for the iOS, with lots of tweaking options for physics and graphics. Very refreshing.

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
I played Hercules a handful of times in 1979, it was definitely a bit of a fad machine, but Superman on the other hand was an awesome table.

I agree with night, ASK Homework definitely need to take on this licence, their work on the ZZZ tables of late is simply breathtaking!

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
One of my family friends had the Superman Atari Table. That's one of two Pinball Tables along with the Haunted House he had, that I played a lot as a kid. If there was ever a comp. of Atari's tables I'd love to see Superman in there.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Superman was one of my fav. Would also love to see the Atarians, space riders and road runner. Time 2000 can go to hell though ;)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Airborne Avengers was actually Steve Ritchie's first game, I believe; Superman is a fun Ritchie game as well. Hercules is a tad on the ridiculous side (ok, maybe more than a tad). Middle Earth is also a strange one.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Airborne Avengers was actually Steve Ritchie's first game, I believe; Superman is a fun Ritchie game as well. Hercules is a tad on the ridiculous side (ok, maybe more than a tad). Middle Earth is also a strange one.

I decided to post so this topic would get a boost. I had no idea until I was searching the IPDB today that Steve Ritchie's first pinball tables were Atari ones. That reason alone should warrant some consideration!

Seriously,the Superman table is pretty fun,all things considered...

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Superman would be awesome... but unless FS cut a deal with DC/WB to counterpoint the Marvel tables from Zen, it is at the top of the "will never happen" list, sadly. Especially since they'd have the question of if ROM-Emulation was worth the time for 1 Atari table. Still, if we're just dreaming, it would be really cool. Steve Ritchie design too.

N

netizen

Can't have Atari Pins without ....

Space Riders!

it's kinda like a monster widebody version of Central Park in it's layout.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Superman really looks like a great table. I don't recall seeing Atari pinballs very much. Seems like by the time I was getting into it that their name was pretty cursed and even for video games it took them a while to really have credibility again after the crash.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Superman is the one of these that is widely remembered, but it's also the one that would have additional significant licensing hurdles.

I like these tables, if only for the way they look: several have artwork by George Opperman, the designer of Atari's logo and much of their early cabinet and box art. They have the classic, bright and flashy Atari look that got so much of my attention in the years around 1980.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I can't imagine the licensing would be that bad. They didn't use the actors likenesses or the soundtrack music so they would only be dealing with DC.

Gary

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Kind of a shame that Atari went the way it did...they could have had quite a few great pinball themes based on many of their various games. Although Gottlieb put out a Haunted House.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Superman, what an eye candy.. and it seems a great table to play.

Never heard of or seen an Atari pin table before... interesting.

That "Superman" table looks and sounds weird as hell. It almost reminds me of those cheap kid's pin tables that were sold at places like "Sears" or "Toys R Us"...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.