Bug Connection to Facebook, refund?

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Hey folks, Nick from Arcade-Hunters.com here. Just wanted to say right off the bat I'm a huge fan of The Pinball Arcade as well as The Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. Last night I scored 7 billion points on Bride of Pinbot. Unfortunately for me the app was never able to connect to Facebook so I couldn't share the score with everybody else. I had heard that people had luck with deleting the app and re-installing it. So today I finally decided to delete the game off my iPad and tried re-installing it to see if that would help. I tried again with no luck.

What I noticed on the App Store was there was two versions of the game, the normal one with a 99 cent price and the free one. When I got the game the night it came out the only version to download was "Pinball Arcade Free" and there was never the other option for the 99 cent paid one. So just before I posted this for the hell of it I decided to download the 99 cent version. I've got gift cards from my birthday and it goes to Farsight, so why the hell not? Anyway, I booted up the 99 cent version and right at the start it asked me if I wanted to connect to Facebook and lo and behold it worked. I would never get past the white screen then got shoved back to the table selection so I thought, "Great! I can finally upload my scores and see how I rank!" well...that didn't last long. I tried inputting my password in and the game wouldn't let me download the other tables, but on the free version it still gave me access to all of the tables, but still won't let me connect to Facebook.

Is there anyway I can get my tables that I already paid for on the 99 cent version of the App so I can access the high score boards? Or did I just throw a dollar away?

Edit.

Just saw an older post where somebody said the games from the free version will not work with the paid version. When the app first came out the only one to download was the free one, there never was a 99 cent one. I just grabbed the first one and bought the four pack of games in the app. So I guess the real question is, Will the free version of the game be able to use the Facebook leaderboards?

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Right now, you can't get the tables you bought on the free version transferred over to the 99 cent version without paying again.

But they did say on Facebook that they would be adding iCloud support in the future so it would be possible to get your tables without paying again.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
That's good. It's only a buck so I won't really complain. I just think it sucks I can't fully use the game because at the time the only version to download was the free version. I just loaded it up as fast as I could and bought the tables through the app.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Didn't they release both apps at the exact same time? I also bought it the day it came out and I remember downloading both apps simultaneously just to try both out....

Anyway, like you said it's only $1.....it'll be nice once all the facebook connection issues finally get worked out in all the versions...

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
To have this occur you need to have the facebook app installed. How I got around it was to delete the facebook app. Then start up pinball free and login. This will then take you to the safari version of facebook. Login and grant permission for pinball free to post to your facebook wall. After that you can install the facebook app again and it should all work fine.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
To have this occur you need to have the facebook app installed. How I got around it was to delete the facebook app. Then start up pinball free and login. This will then take you to the safari version of facebook. Login and grant permission for pinball free to post to your facebook wall. After that you can install the facebook app again and it should all work fine.

Until you get a highscore and it wants to post it on facebook through the app again and fails, losing your highscore forever (had a 2 billion+ BOP score vanish this way). Best to leave out the Facebook app completely if you care about such things.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts