Do you do the horizantal?

Do you do the HORIZONTAL or do you like to do the Vertical?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Do you do the horizontal?

We all love doing the horizontal but do you like doing the vertical too?
I for one enjoy the game much more in the horizontal landscape mode. I find that in the vertical portrait mode I just can not deal with the controls, especially the back touch screen for the nudge, it either nudges when I don't want it to, often times tilting the table or it doesn't nudge when I want it to. In addition, I do not like the touch flipper controls. This is all quite sad considering the table looks the best in the portrait mode. Which way do you like to play best?

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Only ever do. Playing IRL I often lower myself to get closer to the playfield for specific angles and shots that you can never really get perspective of when taking a more bird's-eye view. It's natural for me to play using the third camera the whole time! In fact, it throws me quite a bit when multiball kicks in and you can't choose that camera angle :(

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Only ever do. Playing IRL I often lower myself to get closer to the playfield for specific angles and shots that you can never really get perspective of when taking a more bird's-eye view. It's natural for me to play using the third camera the whole time! In fact, it throws me quite a bit when multiball kicks in and you can't choose that camera angle :(
Ditto every word.
I'd love the option for Portrait view on the 360 mind:cool:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Im surprised that the voting es exactly even at this point ... I never thought that would happen!

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
Well I would prefer Portrait mode by they did it all wrong. The screen doesn't rotate so you can use the x and triangle buttons for flippers and of course the terrible decision to have the nudge use the back touchscreen without an option to disable it. I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
For me the Portrait Mode because i think the screen is made for it but i don't like the touch screen gameplay.
I hope they wil made it for the other way because then i can use the X and triangle and use nudge with the stick.

If you give it a try then the touch screen will become more joyable.

Toploader

May 8, 2012
Yeah, just throwing my approval for the above points, I'm very surprised this was overlooked tbh. Still, glad it's on the Vita and for now landscape mode will do me fine (at least, when it's out in Europe).

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I don't really see Portrait mode fucntioning optimally. In Portrait you can really only have 2 thumbs to control the action, where you need at least 3: 1 for each flipper and 1 for the nudge-stick.

Ofcourse they have to make Portrait mode functioning on the buttons, but I just dont see myself playing it due to the above need to flip AND nudge at the same time.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Couldn't vote as Poll closed.
But both for me-Probs 60/40 Landscape on iPhone though.
Andy

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
looks to me like horizontal is in the lead yet it also seems to me we all wish we had some better options for portrait mode.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Vertical only for me on the PS Vita.
Much better angle and view of the playfield. The touchscreen controls feel more responsive and precise than the shoulder buttons.

I would make more sense if it could be flipped the other way on the Vita though. That way the buttons could be a flipper control option and the analog could nudge. It would also solve the problem of accidentally turning the system off mid-game.

Now that I think about it why did they make it flip the way it does at all?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
You know, the Gottlieb collection for PSP can be played on the PS Vita as long as you download it to a PS3 and then transfer it to a PS Vita. Having said that, vertical mode is supported with the use of the X and 0 Buttons and the analog stick for nudging. But this configuration is less comfortable than you think as the buttons are located to the right and your thumb is crossing over the analog stick to reach them and it is still awkward to hold the vita. Unfortunately, the physics in the game are way off with the ball either moving too slow or too fast, the nudge is horrible, and the camera angles are not all that great in the horizontal mode either. But for those of you with itchy fingers for a taste of more pinball on your PS Vita, with vertical controls using the buttons, it may be just what you are looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts