Finally rooted my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
Using Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit with help from a Youtube tutorial, I finally took the plunge and rooted my Nexus 7 tablet. This was only to gain superuser access, as I've no interest in custom ROMs just yet. Everything worked out nicely. The full!screen, AdAway and StickMount apps alone are worth the time invested on the process.

As I haven't created an account that is associated with the TPA program, all of my standard/wizard goals, HOF points and local high scores were reset to default. Of course, it was required to download all purchased tables again. No worry about any of this as it is not a huge burden to re-establish my goals and points!

My question is, would a user account prevent goal/point loss in the future? When Android updates to 4.3 I will certainly root my device again. The menu in the app isn't entirely clear.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This file for all your table goals and highscores for TPA is a file local on your physical device. It sits at...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data
Back it up to save your data.

Also - if staying stock OS, you won't need to root to update the OS in the future.
Get yourself OTA Rootkeeper App by Voodoo, it's free of charge. Use it to protect/backup your su files.

Then when it's OS update time - You can simply use the OTA update sent to your device, it will update and will lose its root permissions but will keep all current data. Then one press in OTA Rootkeeper restores root permission.
Your off running updated OS, no data loss with root permission restored.

Additionally - it's unlocking the bootloader that wipes your device, not rooting.

My own N7 was rooted using Wug's toolkit and has had 2 OTA updates to date.

Now your rooted - Sixaxis App & PS3 controller with TPA & pretty much anything is awesome.

Anybody reading interested in rooting a Nexus see here http://www.wugfresh.com

Last edited:

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
Thanks for the tips! OTA RootKeeper has been installed, and I may have to invest in a PS3 controller & the Sixaxis app in the future.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I actually bought the fullscreen+ app just because i like my TPA and FIFA to fullscreen automatically. Soft buttons suck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts