Williams and Bally: the "next 30" unofficial poll.

Which of the following tables would you want in The Pinball Arcade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
After the overwhelming success of the top 30 Bally/Williams poll, I figured, why not do one of lower, but still well liked tables? These are the next 30 tables (with a few substitutions*) after the top 30. Many of these have been requested in the past despite not having the highest ratings on IPDB. One of them, Sorcerer, was already in Farsight's own PHOF: Williams Collection. Consider this a "cult classics" list, of sorts. FS has already shown representation for some lower rated tables with the likes of Genie (rated lower than any of these tables), Gorgar (rated somewhere in the middle), and Harley-Davidson (not even on the top 300), so anything is possible.

*Substituted Centaur II and Fireball II, since Centaur II is nearly identical to Centaur and Fireball II likely won't happen before the original. This allowed Stellar Wars and Jack-Bot on the list.

FOR THE TOP 30 (GAMES LIKE ADDAMS, INDIANA JONES, AND HIGH SPEED) PLEASE GO TO THIS POLL INSTEAD.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
gimme thos already emulated SYSTEM 11's all day! should have BIG GUNS and GRAND LIZARD on the list oh and ROLLERGAMES and POLICE FORCE :)

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
There must be some HD Motorcycle fanboy in the FS hierarchy, otherwise releasing HD Pinball in front of so many other more deserving tables makes no logical sense...

Rollergoalie16

Dec 25, 2012
Good call Skill Shot on Grand Lizard, unfortunately poorly titled, and terrible final production backglass art (pic 2 bottom), but an awesomely fun pin to play nonetheless. Williams should have moved the score display windows to accommodate the final production configuration and kept the original backglass artwork (pic 1 top). I would love to see this pin on TPA one day, but unfortunately I think GL just lacks interest of the majority of pinball players. Too bad, it's a fun, flowing table that deserves a bit more recognition IMO.

image-19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
N

netizen

There must be some HD Motorcycle fanboy in the FS hierarchy, otherwise releasing HD Pinball in front of so many other more deserving tables makes no logical sense...

It makes 'perfect' logical sense. They had the physical table, they got the license, and they could digitize the assets in the time required. Then there is the issue of it being the 3rd edition table, meaning that it has been produced in similar variation 2 times previously and the different companies thought it sold well enough, and made enough money again, and again, and again.

Will this conversation happen every time a wish list type poll comes up. Later on someone else will bad mouth Dr Dude, and another will complain about Central Park/Big Shot/Gorgar etc There are more styles of pinball players than your, yes I mean you specifically, personal preference. Besides the mission of TPA is to preserve pinball and, unfortunately, that will mean some tables that not everyone will like.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It makes 'perfect' logical sense. They had the physical table, they got the license, and they could digitize the assets in the time required. Then there is the issue of it being the 3rd edition table, meaning that it has been produced in similar variation 2 times previously and the different companies thought it sold well enough, and made enough money again, and again, and again.

Will this conversation happen every time a wish list type poll comes up. Later on someone else will bad mouth Dr Dude, and another will complain about Central Park/Big Shot/Gorgar etc There are more styles of pinball players than your, yes I mean you specifically, personal preference. Besides the mission of TPA is to preserve pinball and, unfortunately, that will mean some tables that not everyone will like.

Bally HD is a totally different game. It doesn't even have a DMD, it's alphanumeric. Sega and Stern are the same thing.

But you've got a good point. Not everyone is going to like the same games. I don't have a problem with HD myself.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Great to see World Cup '94 in the lead. It can't be that complicated of a license to obtain and beating the goalie is awesome!

karl

May 10, 2012
Always fun to vote :) Once again voted for 20 out of 30.

Now how about a Gottlieb poll for the best Ed Krynski/Gordan Morison machines. They did almost all of the Gottlieb games from 1971-1979 together. The Golden age of Gottlieb if you ask me. Tons of great looking games (unfortunately I have played way to few of them in real life)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
one selection made from that whole list. There is ONE table i really want to see and thats EBD ! The rest of it i would buy anyhow but i never played or seen them in real life.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Fire! has the distinction of being a table that my daughter (age 6) thrashed me at the last time we went to Pinball Wizard.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
ROLLERGAMES has some soda sponsorship right in the middle of the table and it was based on a TV show but I think that would be the easier licence to get, FS may not want soda sponsors on thier game not during this obesity epidemic :p but that cant be worse then GUNS and alchohol references right!?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I decided to limit myself to ten choices. Still ended up voting for 12. I'm a pin slut.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Always fun to vote :) Once again voted for 20 out of 30.

Now how about a Gottlieb poll for the best Ed Krynski/Gordan Morison machines. They did almost all of the Gottlieb games from 1971-1979 together. The Golden age of Gottlieb if you ask me. Tons of great looking games (unfortunately I have played way to few of them in real life)

karl, I'm with you on that one. Such a great Gottlieb run during that decade. Played a lot of them as a kid.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
At every pinball show I've ever been to for usually around a thousand bucks (or less) for a really nice example. :p. A great playfield with a poopy theme.

Prime example of how a licensed game can be much better than the IP it's based on. Hopefully we'll see it someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online