Isn't the Tiger Saw supposed to be animated?

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
It's been quite a while since I've played a real Theatre of Magic, but I'm almost positive that the Tiger Saw toy is supposed to spin rapidly while that mode is active. It doesn't seem to do that on this version. Is it possibly a ROM setting or something?

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
There is a mod that will let the Tiger Saw spin. Somebody here posted the link from the old AMCPop History of Pinball movie and in the movie they show a TOM with the Tiger Saw spinning.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Ah...OK then. I kind of figured it was something like that, since that doesn't seem like a detail that FarSight would just overlook. Thanks!

Asure

Jun 29, 2012
Ah...OK then. I kind of figured it was something like that, since that doesn't seem like a detail that FarSight would just overlook. Thanks!
I'm guessing things like this were considered, but not how 99% of the people played the game in the wild instead of in home :)

Same goes for things like
- Home roms
- Twilight zone third magnet mod like the proto had.
- ?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You know, aside from being a feature in this game, just what the heck IS a "Tiger Saw"? I don't believe it's actually a thing, but it's in every pinballers lexicon.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
You know, aside from being a feature in this game, just what the heck IS a "Tiger Saw"? I don't believe it's actually a thing, but it's in every pinballers lexicon.

Well, there is a band (formed in 1999, 4 years after Theatre) called Tiger Saw. Not sure how the band got it's name, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least unconsciously inspired by Theatre. There is also an actual (electric) saw by Porter-Cable with that name, though it is a trademarked brand name.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts