Minna No Golf 6

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My daughter and I really enjoy the Minna No Golf series, sold as Hot Shots Golf in the states. We prefer the Japanese version over the one translated and changed for the US. The characters are cuter and not so annoying plus it comes out at least a year earlier in Asia. So since she's home for the summer from college I bought and downloaded the latest, Minna No Golf 6 for PS3, from the Hong Kong PSN store. We've been playing it every night and then she's been staying up until 4am every night trying to unlock more stuff for us to play. Part of the fun is figuring out some of the Japanese just to play it. 6 uses most of the same menu structure that 5 used but adds some features that we're figuring out the specifics on.

We have really enjoyed the no region restrictions on games for the PS3. We aren't really into anime or Asian culture but we like this one Japanese game so its nice to be able to play it without jumping through any major hoops. I wonder if the PS4 will be region free?

Anyway, that's what we've been doing instead of playing TPA. When the next table packs come out in July we will have to split our time...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Bought the 5th one a while back on the PSN for like 13 bucks with all the DLC. Love the HSG games. Think I'll wait until 6 gets translated though...heard the PS3 version would be coming out in the summer.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I remember playing this in it's first incarnation on the Playstation, around '97, '98? I think it was called Everybody's Golf over here but I was into buying import games around the same time, so it may have been the import version I had. Memory fails me...

Enjoyed it a lot though :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I remember playing this in it's first incarnation on the Playstation, around '97, '98? I think it was called Everybody's Golf over here but I was into buying import games around the same time, so it may have been the import version I had. Memory fails me...

Enjoyed it a lot though :)

It was Minna No Golf in Japan, Hot Shots Golf in North America and Everybody's Golf everywhere else.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.