Grid 2 on the PC is awesome!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Whilst I enjoy the wait for TPA to arrive on PC, I caved in and downloaded Grid 2 on Steam! ;)

What a superb arcade racer this is! Forget any average reviews you may have read (the Edge score of 9 is more accurate, imo).

If you have any interest in racing games or perhaps enjoyed the first Grid, I urge you to go and buy this game. It is without doubt the best of it's kind at the moment and the best racer that I have played for a long while. And I would go further and say that it represents the very best racing game that Codemasters have in their now extensive catalogue.

Everything here is top notch. Excellent production all round, fantastic graphics, meaty sound, weighty physics, all brought together with stylish gameplay that's easy to pick up and play but has plenty of depth to it's driving mechanic if you want to improve and master it over time.

Crank everything up to high/ultra and enjoy the ride at at a silky 60fps and 1080p (or higher!). Arcade racing at it's finest!

Makes for such a refreshing change from the all too staid Forza's and GT's, which I have too.

The first Grid arrived to pretty good reviews and through time developed a reputation for being a classic. Grid 2 is better imo, don't miss out! :D

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
That's great to hear, I LOVE GRID and bought the MS force feedback wheel for it (i have it on steam but my laptop struggles to run it on full). It's white knuckle, fairly realistic, races can be over in a second (i play harcore mode with no flashbacks) and all vehicle classes are represented well and feel very different from one another.

I don't really recall Codemasters ever really disappointing with their racers (Even Pro Race Driver which is essentially the first in the series).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think the Dirt games are a bit of a disappointment. I really loved the old Colin McRae games and when it turned into Dirt they pretty much ruined it.
All flash no substance.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I had fun with the first GRID and I've been meaning to check this one out.

The CMR games were alright, but they always had floaty physics compared to Richard Burns Rally or other sims. The Dirt games are overly flashy, but at least the physics have gotten a lot better in the last couple. Dirt 3 is pretty solid in that department.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Damn, just dropped to £22.99!

Honestly.. go get it.

[Removes Codemasters sales uniform] ;)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I don't know much about racing. I only have NFS Hot Pursuit. What do you think about NFS?
Police chases are really fun.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I love some NFS games and don't love some. The underground games were super lame... the first NFS game for 3do was life changing for me. NFS2 on PC was fun, can't remember whether 3 or 4 was the first Hot Pursuit but that was amazing fun (then High Stakes). Plus Porsche Unleased NFS has a pretty good heritage.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, the quality of nfs titles certainly varies, beacause different developers work on the nfs franchise.
Criterion Games did Hot Pursuit (2010), and as far as I know they are pretty good when it comes to racing, like Codemasters.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts