New Pinball game for mobile free. Kinda

karl

May 10, 2012
I am not exactly bursting with excitement ;) Ac/Dc and Slayer is not what I call Cream of the crop tables, more like top of the crap pile. I just thought it nice to share the info.

I will certainly check it out since it is free but no high hopes.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm prepared to be disappointed. But I know I will be downloading this app. I can't help myself, so weak.
Can a mod change me from Senior Member to Senior Pidgeon please. :)

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Paying money for multiball and ballsaver? kthxbye... o_O
It's only $0.99 for 10 ball savers, dude!

Also this from the article:
""What we set out to achieve with Pinball Rocks was to take the idea of a free to play game, and transform it into a music discovery application without losing the core entertainment value that a game provides," said Brad Spahr, Sony Music Entertainment's vice president of product development, global digital business, in an email exchange.""

Music discovery pinball game huh. :confused:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
this nickel and dime me to death will Never make it into my iPad. I don't go for buying extra balls and either am i doing music shopping and either do i want any of that music. Thats one APP that can go SDTM !

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe without a ball saver and the other add-ons the games will go quicker. Might be an improvement in a way. I don't plan on buying things like extra balls or ball savers, but the graphics look good and the music should be good too. Totally agree with what Jeff said about their flippers. They are very strange. Try the demo of the AC/DC table that they already have out. Worst flippers ever!

Last edited:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I drafted this earlier, when there wasn't a thread, and I wrote this up as an introduction to this collection. Rather than posting a duplicate thread, and reworking what I’ve already written, I’m just going to post this here.

Gameprom: Pinball Rocks HD

From the game's Facebook page:

"We're very excited to announce the release of our new free-to-play title, PINBALL ROCKS HD, in June 2013! The game will include a [sic] new premium tables from Alice In Chains and Bullet for My Valentine, as well as Slayer and AC/DC for In-App Purchase. The free Pinball Rocks themed table features music from Richie Kotzen, Hatebreed, Chevelle, Red, Nonpoint, All That Remains, Filter, The Sword, and more!"

Also, there's a mention there about the release date:

"PINBALL ROCKS HD for iOS launching June 2013. Android/Mac Summer 2013!"

There's also a more in-depth preview over at USA Today.

There, we learn that we'll get to purchase the previously available tables for AC/DC and Slayer all over again, maybe this time for the sixth time. Here are all of the places where these tables are still available for purchase:

- AC/DC Pinball Rocks HD / Slayer Pinball Rocks HD (standalone versions)
- Pinball HD for iPhone
- Pinball HD Collection for iPhone
- Pinball HD
- Pinball HD Collection
- Pinball Rocks HD (coming soon)

As a freemium title, there's a heavy emphasis on in-app purchases. Some of them make sense, especially for a music-themed collection:

If players hear a song that they like, they can seamlessly buy the music on iTunes from within the game.

But there's also some nonsense in there, with consumable in-app shenanigans:

Among the power-ups available for purchase are multiball and ball saver (10 each for 99 cents) and extra ball (5 for 99 cents), with more to be added in subsequent releases.

I don't think I have to tell you how stupid this is. I like how Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot developers Color Monkey put it, in their FAQ.:

Can I buy some Extra Balls at the end of a game?

No. Of course you can’t.

I’m no fan of Gameprom, but a recent thread seems to show that there are some people here who enjoy their work. So, um… heads up?

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I drafted this earlier, when there wasn't a thread, and I wrote this up as an introduction to this collection. Rather than posting a duplicate thread, and reworking what I’ve already written, I’m just going to post this here.

Gameprom: Pinball Rocks HD

From the game's Facebook page:

Also, there's a mention there about the release date:

There's also a more in-depth preview over at USA Today.

There, we learn that we'll get to purchase the previously available tables for AC/DC and Slayer all over again, maybe this time for the sixth time. Here are all of the places where these tables are still available for purchase:

- AC/DC Pinball Rocks HD / Slayer Pinball Rocks HD (standalone versions)
- Pinball HD for iPhone
- Pinball HD Collection for iPhone
- Pinball HD
- Pinball HD Collection
- Pinball Rocks HD (coming soon)

As a freemium title, there's a heavy emphasis on in-app purchases. Some of them make sense, especially for a music-themed collection:

But there's also some nonsense in there, with consumable in-app shenanigans:

I don't think I have to tell you how stupid this is. I like how Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot developers Color Monkey put it, in their FAQ.:

I’m no fan of Gameprom, but a recent thread seems to show that there are some people here who enjoy their work. So, um… heads up?
i did like some of their other work as the more pinball the merrier. However buy multiball ? Buy extra balls ? buy a ball saver ? I could understands a ONE TIME purchase to add these features but not a consumable nickel and dime operation. What kind of "pinball" is this ? One more thought it would not be as bad if one had the option to hide or block these in app shenanigans.

N

netizen

Not that it matters much for the iOS side of their user base, but it looks like, from the existing products, that they are a Tegra only developer for the Android side. FWIW.

The Existing Pinball HD on the Play Store is ~$3 and locked to tegra only devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.