Android - Bug [FIXED] - No nudging the table by shaking device possible on Android / Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Hey guys,

anybody else have the problem that the option to activate nudging by shaking the device is not selectable on Android / Samsung Galaxy S2? This was reported to Far Sight before the 1.01 Update, but they seemingly didn't fix it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I have the same problem on my Galaxy S. It's the one thing I don't like about playing the android version, it's almost impossible to nudge effectively by tapping the top half of the screen with the same fingers you're using for the flippers. Using the left analog stick for that on PS3 is perfect.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I guess it would be okay to nudge by touch, if the touch area weren't so damn high up in portrait mode! it's okay in landscape, but I do prefer portrait for the "real feel"

N

Nik Barbour

Good alternative if your rooted, is use "sixaxis" app from the android market. This allows you to use a ps3 controller via bluetooth. The app is writen so you can map button presses to the screen. This lets you play games you wouldn't normally be able to control via a controller ie. Pinball Arcade.
So I've got the controllers shoulder buttons as the flippers, and the analogue triggers to nudge left and right. Playing with the physical buttons is amazing, even closer to the real thing!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
You have to be rooted in order to use a PS3 controller? Or just that app? I'd love to be able to use a controller with my Sony Tablet S, but I'm not rooted and wouldn't know how to do that.

N

Nik Barbour

You have to be rooted in order to use a PS3 controller? Or just that app? I'd love to be able to use a controller with my Sony Tablet S, but I'm not rooted and wouldn't know how to do that.

Hey George, the only way to connect to a ps3 controller is via the sixaxis app, and because it installs its own bluetooth drivers you need root permissions.
You can connect to other controllers like wiimote using "bluez. Ime" which works non root on all but htc or Samsung. But I prefer the ps3 controller, plus the sixaxis app allows you to map button presses to the screen allowing you to control games not intended for use with a controller (like pinball arcade). It is a really cool way to play, I hate it when I don't have my controller with me and I have to go back to touch.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
has this bug been addressed at all? or will we be going straight to swipe-nudging from here? :p

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I agree with the swipe nudge idea trying to move your thumb to the top of the screen in time to nudge is too slow (for me).

it helps if you just place your thumbs right below the middle "imaginary horizontal line" to control the flippers (instead of at the bottom of the screen)! then all you have to do to nudge by touch is to move your thumbs up by a very short distance...

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
it helps if you just place your thumbs right below the middle "imaginary horizontal line" to control the flippers (instead of at the bottom of the screen)! then all you have to do to nudge by touch is to move your thumbs up by a very short distance...

Thanks I will give it a try this way, just feels comfortable to hold the tablet at the bottom corners.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This bug should be addressed in the latest build, let us know if it still doesn't work for you.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This bug should be addressed in the latest build, let us know if it still doesn't work for you.

Sorry Ryan, this bug has definitely been fixed in the latest Android build. Gord, Jeff of Jan, can you please mark this thread as FIXED and close it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts