Dutch Pinball's Bride 2.0

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012

Hey folks, not sure how many of you have seen this but I thought I'd share it here. There's a group of Dutch Pinballers that are coming up with some cool new changes to Bride of Pinbot using the P-ROC board from Pinball Controls. Pretty much the P-ROC will let you make your own code so you can program any game with new music, sounds, DMD Animation and in Bride's case new rules. They have a few videos up on their YouTube channel where they also show off how they have the game's original code still there and you can switch between the new game and the classic game.

I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to bring this to The Pinball Arcade when they finish it, or would the people who hold the rights be totally turned off by this? I think this is a great way to breath life into some games that might not have had some good rules. Adding in stuff like Super Skill Shots, Video Mode and a three ball Multiball in a game that didn't have it is pretty damn cool to me. What do you guys think?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I always imagine what some of these great old tables (such as Black Hole) would be like with DMDs.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Wow. They have those DMD animations and fonts spot-on! Hopefully once they're finished, we'll start to see a widely-available kit (any legal challenges notwithstanding, of course) available to home users. Damn, I'd almost look at buying the machine itself if I could find one in decent nick.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is very cool and well done. Keep the spirite of the game and it sounds like most of the changes will be definite improvements. I also saw the colored DMD for Medieval Madness which is pretty cool as well. Nice to see people are trying some mods and alterations. Looking forward to seeing what is next. The P-Roc seems to be primarily for people to design new tables but there are infinite possibilities with older games.

Roy Wils

Apr 17, 2012
those are my buddies in the netherlands :) koen and barry,great people.. koen have an very good fishtales at his home.. love to play that 1.. ;) anyway its kinda cool we people can do such stuff in holland dont ya guys think,. ;)

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Saw this some time ago, awesome stuff!! I wish I was Dutch too, oh wait :p. At least we have something to show for the lack of arcades here!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Lookin' good. Sounding good too. It's for the better that they retained the ability to switch back to 'classic-mode'. Otherwise this would've been outright blasphemous... but then again, the dutch blasphemy-law is finally going out the window.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
those are my buddies in the netherlands :) koen and barry,great people.. koen have an very good fishtales at his home.. love to play that 1.. ;) anyway its kinda cool we people can do such stuff in holland dont ya guys think,. ;)
Perhaps modesty prevented you from posting this, but here you are demonstrating the Bride 2.0
that little girl's hypnotized.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Nice animations, and certainly more complex rules. However, the sound is terrible. It's got generic music, like you'd see in a bad Buck Rogers imitation, and an equally generic announcer. Sounds like a lot of these other generic programs, like early Zen tables, or games like Revenge of the Rob O Bot.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
When and where can I play i?. Amsterdam's not too far away. I'll make the trip... they'll have to make change for a twenty. (I already plan on checking out that Scared Stiff table in 'de Jordaan'.)

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Nice animations, and certainly more complex rules. However, the sound is terrible. It's got generic music, like you'd see in a bad Buck Rogers imitation, and an equally generic announcer.

Exactly what I was thinking. The music on the original BoP is appropriately electronic and also builds brilliantly as you bring her to life. I hope they manage to incorporate that original style into this 2.0 version, rather than sounding like an out-take from AFM. I would have gone with a robotic "Pin*Bot" voice for the announcements - again in keeping with the original game's theme.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Exactly what I was thinking. The music on the original BoP is appropriately electronic and also builds brilliantly as you bring her to life. I hope they manage to incorporate that original style into this 2.0 version, rather than sounding like an out-take from AFM. I would have gone with a robotic "Pin*Bot" voice for the announcements - again in keeping with the original game's theme.
There are dutch artists who could do a brilliant modernization of the old Pinbot theme. Bastian comes to mind, but also DJ's like Junkie XL or Tiesto... do they come cheap though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.