General table help

Macca_96

Jul 15, 2012
Hi. I just bought TPA because I found out ST:TNG was available for it. I was a beast on the real table, scoring in excess of 500 billion but this is way different. For a start you cannot see the ball as it is approaching the return lanes cause the launchers are in the way so i dont know whether to nudge it or not. And with the nudging, is it best to nudge straight up? What about when the ball is draining straight down the middle. Does a nudge help there? Nudging is a different concept on the ps3 compared to the real table.

Basically i want help with nudging. cheers.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
500 billions, really? With TILT enabled? That's awsome.

When the ball heads straight down the middle you have to nudge left or right. Try to nudge lightly, this is usually enough and won't result in a "Danger".

Regarding the right outlane, I usually don't nudge at all unless the ball moves so slowly that it's worth a try. Chances are high that it won't drain unless the ball starts bouncing. You just have to take it like a man, this is part of pinball. :)

The left outlane is a different beast, the ball drains a lot so try to activate the kickback as often as possible. Sometimes you can save the ball by quickly nudging to the left heavily.

The real secret to the ST:TNG table is to avoid dangerous shots. It's incredible how many will drain so be careful and get the timing right, especially for the center shot. The table is begging you to make quick shots, you need to calm down a bit. When the ball is heading for the slingshots, nudge up-left to avoid the left one and up-right for the right one, this will stop the ball from being fired straight to the outlanes.

I usually flip late to go for the spinner/warps or the right ramp, hitting something in the center too often results in quick drains - which is true to the original table.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Considering no one's even broken into the Q Continuum (10 billion) on the real ST:TNG here, I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on 500 billion. (That, and a player who could get 500B on a real ST:TNG would know when and how to nudge.)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
heh a case of kobyasi maru syndrome?:p

i didnt even realise there was a way into the continnum, cool

just after some pr shaking like a leaf heh

i suck at tng which pains me as a huge trekkie

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
With TILT disabled huge scores are doable. :)

I actually can't wait for the weather to get better, they have a ST:TNG table in the fastfood area of a nearby lake. Even if TPA has only little impact on real life skills (I can't imagine to reach my hi-score of 9.5B or the 2B I usually have in a "bad" game), at least I know what to shoot for.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
there's an option to move the launcher button! I have mine at the top right of the screen. another thing you can do is switch to view #2 -- the launcher button isn't totally covering the outlanes in that view. (also ... 500 billion? that would take hours even with both outlanes walled off!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.