Bug Mac Version 1.1.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Device/OS: iMac i5 / Mac OS 10.8.4

Bug Description: Settings not saved

Steps To Reproduce: Turn off sound, exit app, relaunch app, notice that sound is on

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: Saving settings is mentioned as a bug fix for version 1.1.4

This thread is for posting bugs for Mac version 1.1.4 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012

Bug Description: Graphics anomaly when selecting a custom ball for Big Shot (as if strong back light came on)

Steps To Reproduce: [Big Shot > Table Menu > Extras > Custom Ball] Select the black custom ball and the lighting blows out as if a video camera were pointed at a sunlit window.

Additional Comments: Workaround: Exit and reenter the table

By the way, is there a way to return to the default ball once a custom ball is selected? I don't see the default ball in the custom ball settings. Perhaps another bug?

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012

Bug Description: Gorgar white lights—can't tell if they're on or off (Eject Hole lights, as well as GOR and GAR lights.) I don't have this problem with (lights that appear) white on other tables.

Steps To Reproduce: Play Gorgar. I've done everything but play with my OS-level gamma settings, and I can't tell when the white lights are lit.

Additional Comments: I assume this is a Mac problem, since I don't see it on any master list of Gorgar issues. This affects gameplay, since—without lights—one needs to remember how many times that various goals have been accomplished. I suppose I could save a set of system-wide display settings just to play Gorgar.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
FYI: The bugs listed above have been acknowledged by FS. This does not guarantee any fixes, but they have used the word bug. That's a start.

The Big Shot graphics bug also happens in Central Park. Selecting the default pinball in the Extras menu causes a glitch. The workaround is to simply exit and reenter the table.

The bug with retaining the sound setting was also affecting Android.

I also reminded them about the Mac app still not having a full screen widget (nor an option to default to full screen.) Inexperienced users will get poor performance from windowed mode. I have less faith in that being rectified. The menu option (or cmd-ctrl-F) is available, of course. They don't even have esc exiting full screen, which is pretty bad for those unfamiliar with cmd-tabbing to another running process.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013

Bug Description: Graphics anomaly when selecting a custom ball for Big Shot (as if strong back light came on)

Steps To Reproduce: [Big Shot > Table Menu > Extras > Custom Ball] Select the black custom ball and the lighting blows out as if a video camera were pointed at a sunlit window.

Additional Comments: Workaround: Exit and reenter the table

By the way, is there a way to return to the default ball once a custom ball is selected? I don't see the default ball in the custom ball settings. Perhaps another bug?

I always see it as the "grey" (darker than it appears on the table) ball with no decals/patterns. It's always there and it's always the first ball you see when you go to the custom ball menu.

What is NOT there is my Twilight Zone white Powerball I bought. I paid for it and haven't seen it YET (except in Twilight Zone itself as part of the game and THEN *ONLY* if I DO *NOT* use the table default ball as the standard ball (if you use that ball, your Powerball is just a regular shiny ball; if you use ANY other (custom) ball, then the Powerball shows up white as it should, although I think it still "feels" like a regular ball. A real Powerball moves like lightning because it's a very light ball made of ceramic). You can easily see this by selecting a custom ball while the table is just moving through the camera views. As soon as you select a custom ball, the top ball in the gumball machine (assuming you haven't played a game yet and moved it) will appear WHITE as the Powerball. If you switch back to the grey ball, the Powerball turns into a regular ball visually (although that ball is still the one that will register as a powerball in play).

I also reminded them about the Mac app still not having a full screen widget (nor an option to default to full screen.) Inexperienced users will get poor performance from windowed mode. I have less faith in that being rectified. The menu option (or cmd-ctrl-F) is available, of course. They don't even have esc exiting full screen, which is pretty bad for those unfamiliar with cmd-tabbing to another running process.

There's also no QUIT option/button/whatever anywhere to be seen either. You have to either use the menu bar (if you're not in full screen) OR press COMMAND-Q to quit.

The lightning still sucks compared to the console versions. I haven't checked the Big Foot bug in Whitewater yet. I did notice a new "events camera" option, though (so you can keep the camera stable except I assume for plunging. Frankly, I wish I could keep the camera stable for that too. I'm thinking I'm missing Visual Pinball in that regard.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts