• R&B/Soul

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What's your favorite style/kind of music? I tried to keep the poll options broad so it wouldn't be humongous, but let me know if I left your favorite out and I'll add it to the poll.

Feel free to list your favorite bands and stuff too.

For me it's Rock n Roll/Blues.....a song pretty much has to have guitars in it for me to like it :)

My favorite bands of all time are almost all from the 60's/70's: Hendrix, The Allman Brothers Band, CCR, Neil Young, Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, etc.....plus I dig all the older blues stuff too...Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Lightning Hopkins, Howlin' Wolf, etc. etc.

I don't really listen to much newer music, but once in awhile something catches my ear that I like.

How about you?

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Aarghh I can only select one!! :)

I've voted Modern Rock/Alternative even though I like all the others as well (except Folk and Country).

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I voted rock and roll/blues but I'm mostly listening to bebop players the last few years. Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie etc. if I can ever improvise 1/1000th as good as the guys I listen to, I'd be happy. Trying to improve my phrasing etc. and I've learned a lot from listening to sax players. Still every band I've been in has been rock or blues. I love almost every genre on this list. Hey Jeff, I'm entering guitar center's blues contest btw. Did it a few years ago and it was a blast. I won the first two rounds but third night they were whittling people down and the guy who won it was really great. Wish me luck!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Aarghh I can only select one!! :)

I've voted Modern Rock/Alternative even though I like all the others as well (except Folk and Country).

Yeah, I like most of them too, but I wanted to know your #1 favorite :)

I voted rock and roll/blues but I'm mostly listening to bebop players the last few years. Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie etc. if I can ever improvise 1/1000th as good as the guys I listen to, I'd be happy. Trying to improve my phrasing etc. and I've learned a lot from listening to sax players. Still every band I've been in has been rock or blues. I love almost every genre on this list. Hey Jeff, I'm entering guitar center's blues contest btw. Did it a few years ago and it was a blast. I won the first two rounds but third night they were whittling people down and the guy who won it was really great. Wish me luck!

Right on, good luck! So how does it work? Do you just get up there and throw down your best stuff each round?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.