Thunderbolt display mixed results

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Below is the email that I just fired off to Farsight about the Bigfoot Bluff bug and what I saw when I started using my new TBD. Thought I'd share it here as well.

Gentlemen,

I wanted to provide some more insight into this bug. It is related to display resolution. I was using a Samsung monitor as an external display for my MacBookPro. TPA played fine. In fact, except for this particular bug, I've been very happy to not have any game breaking issues. The bug I'm speaking of is the one where 98% of Bigfoot Bluff shots jump off the table and the ball is placed back at the shooter.

The other day I bought a new Thunderbolt display. At first I was disappointed when TPA was like playing in molasses at full resolution(2560 X 1440). Then I started dialing it back. 2048 X 1152 is still unplayably slow. 1600 X 900 played perfect. I was back in business. I tell you all of that so that maybe you can use it to get the most out of the hardware later.

The best news is that, since I set the resolution to 1600 X 900, I have not had a shot go off the table. I am quite pleased and thought you would be, too.

Keep up the good work.

Tony Crouch

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts