iOS: Pure Pinball: T-Rex Savage

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Coming soon to iOS is Pure Pinball: T-Rex Savage, from Swedish developer Legendo (née Iridon Interactive). Previously, they worked on a title that was also called Pure Pinball, for Xbox and Windows. That collection included three tables in the Windows version, and four in the Xbox version. I’ve never played it, so I don't know if it's any good, but you can apparently get the Windows version for $2.99 over at Good Old Games. The entry at Moby Games says that A.S.K. Homework worked on the older tables, but I’m not sure if that's still the case.

Here's the description from the game's home page:

Arcade Pinball for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch
Featuring responsive controls and ultra-realistic ball movement, Pure Pinball: T-Rex Savage lets you experience a full size machine, a slice of steel ball magic not unlike real-life pinball.

Pure Pinball will take you all the way to pinball heaven, all you need is crazy-mad flipper fingers and the attitude to play a mean game!

Features:

• Every flipper, bumper, toy, sound effect and display pixel has been optimally created for high definition and native Retina-support.
  • AirPlay support: Wirelessly stream Pure Pinball to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV!
  • Game Center leaderboards: Compare your high-score with the world’s top pinball wizards!
  • User-friendly cameras: play in complete overview, ball follow or top-scrolling “Amiga-style”.
  • Steel ball magic: free-roaming 3D graphics, table-enhancing special modes and funky-sounding voice-overs.
  • Multi-ball capable physics engine calculates ball movement more than 150,000,000 times per second.

The old-school “Amiga-style” camera angle sounds interesting, and I’m dubious about how well this is going to play over AirPlay. In my experience, that’s always been very laggy. We’ll see soon enough, though, it's apparently coming soon. Whatever that means. You can maybe find more on their Facebook page.

OmzPbG2h.jpg

i9LYJdhh.jpg

PZ3sGp6h.jpg

From Twitter:
OaJshKI.jpg

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It looks pre-rendered. (Not the last pic, which is in 3D-workspace).

I don't know what pre-rendered means, but it was obvious to me when I first saw these pics that they are not actual gameplay from the iPad in the picture. They were either photoshopped onto the iPad after the pictures were taken or pics from the iPad's camera roll.

karl

May 10, 2012
From the pictures this reminds me a bit of the Balls of steel or Devil's Island pinball games from the 90' but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I had more fun playing those old pc pinball games than most of the currant App wasteland. With a few exceptions of course ;)

Thanks for posting the info. Just let me test it for free first and please, please, no buy-in for extra balls and other crap and I'll give it a chance

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From the pictures this reminds me a bit of the Balls of steel or Devil's Island pinball games from the 90' but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I had more fun playing those old pc pinball games than most of the currant App wasteland. With a few exceptions of course ;)

Thanks for posting the info. Just let me test it for free first and please, please, no buy-in for extra balls and other crap and I'll give it a chance

Good call. It does remind me of the Balls of Steel games too.

night

May 18, 2012
It looks like this could have been a simulation of a real table. No Zen nonsense. How are the physics?

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
The physics aren't bad actually. Once you get the hang of the shots it tends to flow well.
Not up to par with Pinball Arcades engine but I'll take it over zen!

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
taking a shot in the dark on the blind buy. edit to add played a few games its one for the library / collection physics are OK graphics were a little on the cartoon like side but not bad overall. Edit #2 display is better in landscape orientation in the graphics area.

Last edited:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
This table is currently on sale. You can pick it up on the App Store now for just a buck.

Also, they’re working on another table. The next one is based on Pearl Harbor, apparently, and they posted about it a while back on Facebook. Here's an in-progress screenshot:

ba3aje6u.jpg

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
For $0.99 I'll try anything once. Funny, I just bought a $30 app and iTunes did not prompt for my password, but for this $0.99 game it did.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts