pc pinball

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Don't know if anyone is interested in pc pinball.
If you are please check out vpforums.org the home of visual pinball.
Important a table author over there and if you like real world table simulation
we have the majority of real world pinball tables emulated

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I tried to set up Visual Pinball, but encountered problem after problem, and never got it working. I think that's one reason people are so excited by Pinball Arcade; it's VP without the hassle.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
It would be nice if they had an editor to create tables at least for the pc and mac.

I enjoy making the tables as much as i do playing them.

Maybe come by vpforums again sometime.

We have a nice installer now that pretty much sets everything up for you.

All you have.to do is download the tables and roms and put them in their perspective folders

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There was mention of the possibility of an editor on FB awhile ago. I'd try to find the post, but I think it was over a month ago, and it was a reply to someone else's post... it'd be nearly impossible to find :(

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I like visual pinball but the quality is all over the map. Jpsalas does a fantastic job and the T2 Chrome table looks amazing. Personally I am not a huge fan of your (unclewilly) night mods as I find them overly dark.

Also, visual pinball falls in a grey area legally. vpforums has a gentleman's agreement not to promote recreations of tables released in the first three years but none of the tables are licensed and no royalties paid.

I fully support Visual Pinball and it is probably the only way many people are going to be able to experience tables that Farsight does not or cannot recreate. For example, it is very unlikely they will obtain the rights to Guns n Roses, but given the choice I will purchase Farsight's licensed versions. Especially if they support cabinet setups.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I played Visual Pinball but its not as awesome as everyone says. Setting it up and finding the files to run them fine is a big hassle and as someone posted earlier, quality is really all over the place with the tables. I also hate the 'ball falling through the flipper' bug that pops up too frequently and has to my knowledge never been fixed. I stopped playing it a while back and would rather play TPA (when it comes out). At least Farsight has got the licenses for the tables they decide to emulate. I don't think VP does so I don't feel comfortable.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The last time I played Visual Pinball, the flippers completely disappeared and never came back.....so I gave up.

I'm very thankful that TPA is coming to PC.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
The last time I played Visual Pinball, the flippers completely disappeared and never came back.....so I gave up.

I'm very thankful that TPA is coming to PC.

I had the same problem... Do you happen to have an ATI Video Card? I solved my problem by changing the color to 16bit in the app.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I played Visual Pinball but its not as awesome as everyone says. Setting it up and finding the files to run them fine is a big hassle and as someone posted earlier, quality is really all over the place with the tables. I also hate the 'ball falling through the flipper' bug that pops up too frequently and has to my knowledge never been fixed. I stopped playing it a while back and would rather play TPA (when it comes out). At least Farsight has got the licenses for the tables they decide to emulate. I don't think VP does so I don't feel comfortable.

There are a lot of quality tables, but yeah it is pretty hit and miss.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Just figured i mention vp as it was stated its the only way a lot of people will ever experience some tables.

I've never experienced any of these issues with setting it up but I've been using emulator for a long time so a little configuring isn't much of a stretch for me.

The ball through the flipper has been fixed with the newest version of vp and the amount of physics tweaking that can be done has made the gameplay much more accurate.
But to each there own.
I will own tpa and use vp as well.
I can only hope tpa for pc will support th cabinet view and multi monitors
also hoping for an editor so i can make tables for tpa as well

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've been using VP for years as well with no problems and it's improved immensely over time. I'll be playing TPA on my EVO 3D and Xbox 360, but I'm sticking with VP for my PC for the rest of the tables that more than likely won't make it into TPA. Regardless, we all win!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys, which tables are the best for VP9? Most of the ones I have are older VP8 tables, but I reinstalled VP9 and it's working great. I know the physics can vary from table to table, so I'm just curious which ones play the best.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey guys, which tables are the best for VP9? Most of the ones I have are older VP8 tables, but I reinstalled VP9 and it's working great. I know the physics can vary from table to table, so I'm just curious which ones play the best.

For VP9, I mainly play tables made by Groni, JPSalas, Melon, Noah Fentz and unclewilly. Excellent quality recreations by these guys.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks fellas, I'll check 'em out. I need something to hold me over till TPA comes to PC. I have Pro Pinball, but I want some fresh tables too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks again, guys. I'm collecting some great tables.

Is VP8 still worth keeping around for certain tables?

Also, what are your thoughts on Future Pinball? The physics just don't seem that good, IMO. Shots that should be fairly easy seem impossible on certain tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks again, guys. I'm collecting some great tables.

Is VP8 still worth keeping around for certain tables?

Also, what are your thoughts on Future Pinball? The physics just don't seem that good, IMO. Shots that should be fairly easy seem impossible on certain tables.

I still have VP8 on my PC as well, but may get rid if it soon since there's only a few tables left that need to be converted to VP9. Future Pinball is ok, but it requires a powerful PC to play with all the bells and whistles and the physics are less than stellar. Also, Future Pinball doesn't emulate table ROMs which is a big minus IMO.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I've never had enough PC poke to run VP9.
But loved VP8 and PacDude's tables. I remember the first time I powered up his HSII! The nostalgia :)
As to set up-I'm **** with tech, but used an Install Pack-I think by Phoenix (?).
I'd advise anyone to try VP if they haven't - Just like I'd get people to get MAME :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.