Hi - just to intro myself

knockknockknock

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all, nice to see a popular pinball forum.

Just to intro myself, I'm Sam, live in Manchester (UK), dad to a couple of young kids and have very fond memories of putting my three letter name up in lights across pretty much every pinny I found in my teens/early 20s in/around Leeds where I grew up.

I presume this place is full of people from around the globe so that might not mean much, but it was a competitive hobby back in the late 80s/early 90s!

Anyway just thought I'd duck in and say hello, keep up the good work to the producers of the pinball arcade app, and I'm really keen to know if the topic of realistic physics has been discussed on the forum in any depth? One thing I feel an electronic version will always struggle to recreate is spin on the ball and the reactions that spin will apply to things the ball hits (whether they be flippers/inanimate objects) and how sometimes spin on the ball can determine whether a certain shot is makeable from right/left flippers.

Big fan of creature from the black lagoon/arabian nights, hopefully see you on the leader boards :)

Cheers - knock knock knock!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Welcome to TPA, knockknockknock, and try not to get beaten up by that single in the Champion Pub. Seriously, he's a really tough fighter! :p

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Hi Sam, try to also join up to pinballinfo.com which is a UK based forum on real pinball. There's loads of UK pinheads including plenty in and around Manchester.

karl

May 10, 2012
It's a blast to have you among us.

Nice catch about the ball spin . This and a few other possibilities, like different ball catches is often requested and would make this game even better. I believe to make that happen they need to make the ball a little
less bouncy but it is definitely possible.

I believe a physic setting in the menu with 2 or 3 different settings would be the way to go to not alienate those who have grown accustomed to the way the game plays now. Want a more realistic ball feel? No problem, just go to setting 3 (or something along those lines)

Anyhow. Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts