Slow to appeal Tables - now favorites.

N

Nik Barbour

I've had the dlc pack1 nearly 2 weeks now, and instantly played both tables and became an immediate fan of MM, but couldn't get into BOP but kept trying it occasionally between other tables. Then 2 days ago something clicked and now I'm a total BOP addict! I think its the greater function of multiball in the core game, and the rush when you get that first ridiculous billion point bonus.
Just wondered if any of you guys had either real or TPA tables you were slow to get into, and what eventually dragged you in?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
A bar I used go to had a Super Mario Bros. machine. I dismissed it as too juvenile and annoying as all get out. People were playing it regularly and I finally let my curiosity get the best of me. When it came time for the bar to swap out for some different machines, I wasn't letting that happen. (I owned the property the bar was on) I played that machine religiously for almost a year. It has been almost 20 years since then. I am hoping to find one to play again.

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
Well if you are talking about TPA tables only, then yes. at first I went with the pack in thinkingTOM was the best table but of the 4 release tables TOTAN is now my all around fav. Clear goals that just challenging enough to have me keep hitting START. of the new ones, I think I'm the opposite. Not having played either table IRL, I had no preconceived ideas but immediately ended up loving BOP having completed the bride almost 3 times in one game [no billion tho. :( ]

MM is now starting to get my attention more as Im trying to figure out the deeper game..

TPA has been almost exclusively getting all my gaming time for the last 4 weeks or so (mostly on iPad). My 360 and COD MW3 disk is missing me...

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
for me Black Hole finally clicked just today! wow - what an awesome table... so challenging but really rewarding at the same time!!

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Probably a few EMs for me. I didn't get in to them at first, but once I learned the rule sets, games like Ace High and Queen of Hearts turned out to be extremely good. It also took a while to get used to the smaller flippers. I hated smaller flipper games at first, but now I like a few of them quite a bit after learning how the games work.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Well for me, BLACK HOLE is still my immediate favorite of the 4 tables at launch, I play on PS3 and PS Vita, so we still do not have a second round of tables yet .... I am anxiously awaiting Bride of Pinbot! After learning the rules on BLACK HOLE and finally breaking the Million mark, in my eyes, no small task on that table, especially for a beginner, I finally felt ready to move on and try out another table. Since everyone seems to be going GAGA over Theatre of Magic, I loaded it up expecting to love it but didn't feel that great about it. I was trying it on my PS Vita and to be honest, there was just so much on that table, I could not even see what I was supposed to hit, a billion lights that all meant nothing to me. So that was a little surprising to me ... I think I will have to play that table on the big screen, and of course, not reading the rule sheet didn't help at all either. I then moved on to Ripley's and thought ... what the heck does this table have to do with Ripley's Believe It or Not? and why that gorilla looking thing? It just didn't make sense to me, perhaps I need to learn more about Ripley to understand it all. So now I am thinking that Arabian Nights, the table I thought looked the worst from the get go, may turn out to be my second favorite ... but only time will tell, all I can say is that it will be the next table I concentrate on and read the rule sheet for and start playing.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I love all 4 tables, i rotated between them regularly but for now, i'm concentrating on ToM, g'arrrr 2 chances to get the Grand Finale goal last night, and I completely brick one within 5 seconds and the other one I was 2 letters away. Still, I posted my all-time best at 4.9 Billion
After that, I'll be moving on to ToTAN, as I want to finish the goals...and hopefully move up in the leaderboards a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.