Varying game speed issues?

JDD

Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I'm new to the forums. I play Pinball Arcade on a Nexus 7. I've purchased nearly every table except for 3 or 4. With the latest release of pinball arcade, I've started experiencing a very annoying issue. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

The issue is, as I can best describe it, as if the entire game framework is sped up. I'll start PA on the tablet, and as soon as I scroll to a table, it's song is playing just a tiny bit too fast. When I actually start to play the game, the ball is going _way_ too fast, probably 1.25x its normal speed, at least. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably 75% of the time. It's more noticeable on some tables than others, perhaps due to those tables being faster (Twilight Zone, for example), but when the issue strikes I can still here all the songs playing slightly too fast.

I really haven't been able to put a finger on exactly what might dictate when it happens and when it doesn't. I wanted to post on here to see if anyone else has noticed an issue like this.

-JDD

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Specifics about your device? Rooted? Custom ROM? any task killing apps running?

I have a N7 as well, and don't see any of what your describe.

JDD

Jun 28, 2013
Specifics about your device? Rooted? Custom ROM? any task killing apps running?

I have a N7 as well, and don't see any of what your describe.

Thanks for the response. There's nothing noteworthy about the device, it's all stock, no unusual apps running or even installed. The only thing I really use the N7 for is navigation and playing pinball arcade. I'll have to try some other apps, maybe audio playback, to see if perhaps the device itself has some sort of clocking problem. I don't really know how games keep their speed the same across different CPU speeds, I assume it's not via an initial timing loop like it was in 1992. Just wanted to put my issue out there to see if others were seeing anything similar.

-Jeff

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not seen that reported before. Normally it's slowdown due to not clearing running apps.
My own N7 is playing all at normal speed both with previous versions and current 1.15.

If you can't track down what's causing it, and its a TPA only issue, I'd suggest clear cache, data, uninstall - reinstall see if that fixes anything.

The data files for TPA local highscores and Goals/Achievements are held at....
SAVE DATA = /DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data
You might want to back these up before clearing data, although if not rooted, you won't be able to see this device location. (Still wish they would shift this to a non root only location.)

Hope you figure it out.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'm running Nexus 7 stock and the only time I get odd behavior from PA is when I take a screenshot by pressing the power key and volume down buttons.

JDD

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks for the response, all. It sounds like the issue is with my device itself, or its configuration, so I'll go in that direction.

Thanks again,
-J

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
On any Android device, you can always boot temporarily into "Safe Mode". Safe Mode starts up your phone without auto-starting any apps that usually get auto-started. It's a way for you to see if your phone behaves better. If it does, then you can try to narrow it down to what app is the problem. You get out of Safe Mode by just rebooting.

On the N7, here's how you get into "Safe Mode": https://support.google.com/nexus/7/answer/2852139?hl=en

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts