Zaccaria Pinball - Robot (1985) Bugs & Feedback

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
On an iPhone 5, during my third game, I’ve encountered a bug in Robot where the right flipper gets stuck. I’m not sure what caused this. By tapping on the right side of the screen, I can’t get it to retract. The game is still responsive, though, other than this stuck flipper. The first ball drained with the stuck flipper. After draining, the flipper retracts, but it sticks again automatically, before I even press to activate the flipper. My second ball came to rest when it was cradled on the stuck flipper. I can still nudge the table, and the call attendant button unsticks the flipper. But the next time I activate this flipper, it becomes stuck again.

I have the latest version of iOS. Here are my settings, in case this matters:

Gold Mode
Game Mode: Simulation
Light Room
3 Balls
Flipper Type: Default
Ball Size: Normal
Ball Type: Default
Portrait Mode
Camera doesn’t seem to matter

This problem persists with each ball. When the game ended, I started over, and the problem still exists. After forcing the app to quit, I don’t see the problem anymore, and I can’t seem to reproduce this.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just had the left flipper stick in the up position on me. Couldn't get it down. Had to hard close the app by double clicking the start button. This cleared it up. I was hoping it was a fluke.

Played a couple more games and have not had the issue again.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
That happens on every table. Seems to be related to holding down multiple fingers when restarting a game?

Excellent work on Robot, A.S.K. Plays well, scripting seems solid. One of the better releases thusfar!

night

May 18, 2012
That happens on every table. Seems to be related to holding down multiple fingers when restarting a game?

Excellent work on Robot, A.S.K. Plays well, scripting seems solid. One of the better releases thusfar!

It's the one I play the most at the moment, but it gives me the hardest time. The outlanes and flipper gap are like magnets! Even the hardest TPA-pin is a toy compared to this table. My best score so far is 751010 ;)

night

May 18, 2012
Yeah. My goal is tr eventually earn the red special, but getting those robots up is crazy!

Yes, true. I don't know if this is a bug, but most of the times when I hit the right spot to get the robots up it hangs and rolls back, I just can't get it all the way up in that hole! (That sounds pretty gross, I know ;) )

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
I've gotten the robots to raise several times. Its a sharp ramp and you need a hard straight shot, just like in the real game.

night

May 18, 2012
I just found a big fat juicy bug: there is slingshot action missing in the upper right corner of Robot!
Take a look at this youtube, from 0.14 to abaout 0.20 you can see the slingshot action. In the iOS version of Robot there is just rubber bounce but no slingshot action.

slingshot.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I just found a big fat juicy bug: there is slingshot action missing in the upper right corner of Robot!
Take a look at this youtube, from 0.14 to abaout 0.20 you can see the slingshot action. In the iOS version of Robot there is just rubber bounce but no slingshot action.
Thanks! It will be added to the next update.

night

May 18, 2012
Thanks Zsolt.
Another bug, when you start Robot for the first time you hear the robot-speech 'Challenge the Robot from Zaccaria', next game a female voice says 'One more coin please'. All the games after that the two different speeches are mixed and says: 'Chall-One more coin please'

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks Zsolt.
Another bug, when you start Robot for the first time you hear the robot-speech 'Challenge the Robot from Zaccaria', next game a female voice says 'One more coin please'. All the games after that the two different speeches are mixed and says: 'Chall-One more coin please'
Thanks, it was a funny bug. Anyway it's fixed.

night

May 18, 2012
A better comparison of the back tube, it's semi-transparent and has some lights in the original. Also the 'entrance' of the tube is different on the original.

backtube.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
When ball hits the upper right slingshot the lower right slingshot also reacts!

-Does anyone else experience great difficulty to rise the robots after the update? Almost every straight shot at the port is a failure, ball rolls back, does not get all the way through. It took me an hour to get it done, just 1 time.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
-Does anyone else experience great difficulty to rise the robots after the update? Almost every straight shot at the port is a failure, ball rolls back, does not get all the way through. It took me an hour to get it done, just 1 time.
That (fairly difficult) shot seems to be about the same difficulty as the previous update to me. I'm about 15% successful from a right flipper trap, 5% successful from a rolling inlane feed (to the right flipper, of course), and maybe 2% successful from an "in-air" flip from the right flipper.

One thing I noticed with this update is that the Small ball hits lane targets (like the Robot Bridge entrance) and hole targets (like Hot Wheels' kicker hole @ middle of right side) much better than the Normal ball does. But the normal ball feels better.

night

May 18, 2012
That (fairly difficult) shot seems to be about the same difficulty as the previous update to me. I'm about 15% successful from a right flipper trap, 5% successful from a rolling inlane feed (to the right flipper, of course), and maybe 2% successful from an "in-air" flip from the right flipper.

One thing I noticed with this update is that the Small ball hits lane targets (like the Robot Bridge entrance) and hole targets (like Hot Wheels' kicker hole @ middle of right side) much better than the Normal ball does. But the normal ball feels better.

I think that the chrome 3D-element 'where the ball goes through' needs some adjustment to fix this problem. I can't imagine it is this hard on a real Robot table. A straight shot is a straight shot, it can't get any better than that.. I saw a youtube where a guy makes the robots rise 2 times in less than a minute.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
When ball hits the upper right slingshot the lower right slingshot also reacts!

It is too hard, I have had straight shots at the ramp but it jjst bounces out. Snce this is the main feature on the tble I guess it shouodnt be near impossible to start it?

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yep have to agree that getting up on the robot bridge is too hard. The only way I can achieve it with any sort of reasonable regularity is by dropping the ball friction right down to 50 and ball velocity around 310. With that I was able to do it 6 or 7 times in about a dozen games this morning...and twice in one game. But the ball still seems to catch and bounce out when it shouldn't...

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Bug: The upper slingshot has no mechanical sound. (1.7)

Bug: The insert-lamps associated to the robot targets(the barrels that pop up when you hit the robot bridge) are not being reset when the ball drains. The lamps stay lit but the sequence starts at zero, and the whole thing gets confusing. I have no real game as a reference, but this behavior looks like a scripting error.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.